Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: H2O-C users

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default H2O-C users

I got fed up with not being able to see the screen in bright sun and it not registering speeds below1.3 MPH so I downgraded (with Lowrance's help) and went back to the B&W model. After I had already sent it back I was told by a Lowrance tech that if I turned the "track smoothing" feature off, it would show lower speeds. I had tried that but didn't reboot when I did it so I don't know if it works or not. You may want to try that and see if it consistantly shows speeds lower than 1.3 MPH. I'd be curious to know if it works.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Well, all I did was put mine on, out in the bright sunlight, it was a little difficult to see, but I could read the screen ok, as with any of my lcd screens that I use outdoors.
    I did a "go to" on a waypoint and walked from fast to slow getting to it and monitored the ground speed. I showed that I walked from 2.2 miles an hour to .21 mph (very slow)
    I did not turn "track smoothing" on or off but let it at factory presets.
    You may be having a problem with your unit.
    I still have room to boost the screen contrast for daylight viewing as it still is at factory default.
    Roy

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bridges
    Well, all I did was put mine on, out in the bright sunlight, it was a little difficult to see, but I could read the screen ok, as with any of my lcd screens that I use outdoors.
    I did a "go to" on a waypoint and walked from fast to slow getting to it and monitored the ground speed. I showed that I walked from 2.2 miles an hour to .21 mph (very slow)
    I did not turn "track smoothing" on or off but let it at factory presets.
    You may be having a problem with your unit.
    I still have room to boost the screen contrast for daylight viewing as it still is at factory default.
    I went thru 3 of them. They all did the same thing. Quit showing the speed under 1.3 MPH, especially going in a straight line. Track smoothing is on by default.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thats what I was doing, going in a straight line, made 1 slow turn, it registered ground speed okay.
    Maybe I got a good one....and I like it...
    just thought I might help.
    Roy