Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rift In The Time Space Continuum?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rift In The Time Space Continuum?

I'm having my morning coffee and glance down to see this pencil laying on the floor but the eraser end of the pencil is elevated, so I get down on the floor and take a closer look. At first I thought the leaded end of the pencil had stuck in the carpet and thus, elevating the eraser end. But this is not the case. This is not a hoax or some picture I downloaded off the net, this pencil is laying in my floor right now defying gravity. If you take the time to look, share your opinion please. Oh, by the way, this is not some trick I am doing to impress anyone. The pencil does not have any glue on the tip or I haven't staged this, just found it fascinating when I saw this.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ypencil002.jpg
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool photo but would be surprised to not find that the end grain of the exposed wood did not simply catch a thread or to of the carpet giving the results.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course its doing that. It has "lead" in the end of it. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

It's amazing just how bored we can get when not fishing.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

There is a simple scientific explanation for it - ghosts!

Post Thanks / Like

One thing that I am considering now is the combination of a high pressure zone in Oklahoma right now and low humidity. Static electricity is zapping me when I touch anything grounded after walking across the carpet and I'm wondering if there is a magnetic effect taking place. Wouldn't the pencil lead be polarized? Only thing that makes me doubt this is the fact that the eraser end is metal and should be heavier. Or would this add to the magnetic effect?

LMAO at "how bored we get when we're not fishing!" Hahahaha..... I had already decided that my life must be pretty pathetic to be so fascinated by a stupid pencil laying on my floor.....even if it is defying gravity.

And no, I examined the pencil as closely as I could without touching it to see if there was a small carpet fiber holding the leaded end down.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ypencil005.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ypencil004.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ypencil003.jpg

Once again, thanks for the replies........ for my next trick I will attempt to elevate a crappie into my boat during spring spawn.........
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's magic

I have always believed there are things in this world we can't explain. This sure looks like one of them to me. Have you ever walked in a place you have never been before and you knew where things were, I have and it is a little spooky.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you moved it to see if it would go back to the same position?
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Cool stuff
    Tim
    Ohio State Board moderator
    www.easternbuckeyecrappieclub.com
    or [email protected]
    NAFC Life Member

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Blake
    Have you moved it to see if it would go back to the same postion?
    No, don't want to mess with it...... this is the most exciting thing I've got going on today and without it, I'd really be bored. I figure if I touch it and it topples down, my space time continuum malarky is all finished. But I will eventually fiddle with it and it will be gone and possibly I will discover a micro fiber from the carpet was the tilting factor, but right now, I choose to believe I was visited by space aliens last night (or maybe some Mexican aliens) and this is one more trick in driving me off and over the edge.

Oh, anyone have the number for NASA?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast