Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost My Best Bud Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lost My Best Bud Today

I had to carry My Family Dog in today to be put to sleep. One of the hardest things I have ever had to do. He had one rear hip start going out about 3 weeks ago. He was hobbling but still getting around fine. Today, the other rear hip went. He would try to move and would stagger terribly. He also started vomiting and could not hold down water. His breathing slowed and got labored. I knew He was in terrible pain. Even with all the pain, when I talked to him, he would wag his tail a little. That ripped my heart out knowing that this poor animal in so much pain was still trying to please his master just trying to show me he was still happy. I spent most of the afternoon loving and rubbing him and then carried him to the vet and gave him peace. Just as sad is he was My wife's dog more than mine. He would leave me rubbing on him if she called. He was her shadow. She has not been home in a week now as she is tending to her mother with colon cancer. It tore her apart knowing she could not be there for him.

I carried him in wanting to turn around and go back home but the look of wear on his face kept me going. I carried him in to the Vet, laid him on the table, and stayed with him until He was gone. The Vet that worked on him did an outstanding job and was very compassionate. It has been a rough day and I have already noticed the hole that is left in My house hold from the loss of My friend. Nothing like unconditional love.

RIP Buddy

The best dog I have ever had and ever will have.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion
    Likes Idunno LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It is always a hard thing to do and you stood in there. Cherish the memories and take comfort from the fact that you did the best thing you coule for your little buddy!

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear that Ed. We lost one of ours 10 months ago today. It's amazing how those critters can work their way into our hearts.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Don G is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ed, sorry you lost your best friend. We went through that a few years back. You will always have fond memories.

Just remember to keep your door open..
    USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry for your loss. I know how you feel. I have one that is not to far from that day and it makes me sick every time I think about it.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

Been down that road myself, very bumpy road indeed. Best wishes.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

We have lost more cats and dogs in the past few years its been very hard. You think that you lose one ther is a nother to take its place. But you still can't stop greving over the lost one. Ed I know how yo feel, they are NOT JUST PETS! they ARE A part of us any our familys. I gots tears in my eyes seeing the pic and thinking of my last two dogs. My hearfelt sorrow goes out to you and your family.
    dave
    in currituck

Post Thanks / Like

That's always sad to lose a dog... We lost a beagle/feist mix probably 5 years or so ago and sometimes when I go to my parents I almost call out her name... My parents got a new beagle/feist pretty much after she died and I love her dearly too but there will always be a place in my heart for feisty... It's hard and I know they become a part of your family

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry. Hard thing to go through for both you and your wife.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Our sympathy sent to you. We had to do that a few years ago and it was Very hard to do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast