Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trolling rod questions

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trolling rod questions

I went to our local Bass Pro friday after work to look at the Wally Marshall 16'/14' tightline rods. Does anyone here own any of these rods and if you do how do they compare to the B'nM' rods?

Is one lighter or more sensitive than the other?

Both are right at the same price and since BPS here doesn't have many B'nM' rods to compare to the WM rods I'd like your opinions. I know many of you like the pro trolling rods from B'nM' but I like to feel the rods for myself before buying if possible. The SHSS rod is a dandy rod for the money but I think a 1/2 to 1oz sinker on it would be too much.

I told the guys at BPS the other day they need to get more B'nM'rods in and they told me they get whatever BPS sends to that store. I feel like if your going to carry someone's products atleast try and have several of each on hand. Since we have the second largest BPS in the country I believe they could find some more room for crappie rods instead of bass stuff which 95% or more of the tackle is for.

I sent BPS an e-mail the other day asking them if possible send some of those B'nM' Pro Trolling rods to our store and let me know by phone when they are there. Haven't gotten an e-mail back from them yet.

One other thing not fishing related. The Hooter calender girls were in-town friday at one of the Hooters in Louisville and one of our suppliers furnished us a free lunch. I will tell you that none of them are hard to look at in street clothes and one could only imagine what they look like while wearing their little skimpy outfits. I'm glad I got out of there without going blind.:D :D I'd hate to spend the rest of my life fishing without seeing.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I will be at the Louisville Sport & travel Show Jan 27-28, Feb. 3-4. The Johonson County consevation club fishing show Jan 13-14 and will have some Outlaw Rods for you to compare they will suprise you.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I live in springfield, mo and frequently hit the local bp outlet center.
    they have a lot of "reconditioned" wally marshall rods, which is another
    word for broken tip but fixed. even though the rods have been broken
    i still buy and love to use them. never have seen b'm rods, dont know if they dont break or if bass doesnt get ahold of all of them. i do know from speaking
    with man. rep that bass pro only carries certain products from manufactures
    which may explain the lack of selection. they dont carry it all
    just a thought

john b.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charlie

I'm figuring on coming to the show in Johnson county if the weather is decent. I always go to the Louisville show and bought a 10' Outlaw rod from you personally last year or the year before. I think it was 2 years ago if my memory ain't gone bad. It's a good rod and looking forward to seeing the longer outlaw rods.

I'd like to look at some rods in the 14'`to 16' range for slow trolling. The choices are few.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Larry

Meet lots of good people at the shows. And really enjoy it, but my memory with names is not that great so remind me who ya are at the show. Will have everthing from 5'2' to 14' poles on hand.

Glad to here from someone from one of the shows. Hope you injoyed it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 50/50 mix of B'nM and Wally Marshall. I would like to trade all of my B'nMs for Wally Marshalls. They both seem to have the same sensitivity, but when I get a big one on (crappie or THUG), the wally marshall handles SO MUCH BETTER. I keep thinking I will break the BnM if I lift anything greater than a pound.

I have even started doing some catfishing with my 8 foot wally marshalls just for fun. I have NO problem bringing in 5 pound cats on those poles. I have no doubt it would snap the BnM.

Post Thanks / Like

I used BnM for years and thought they were the best until I tried the Wally Marshal Tightline poles. They are without a doubt the best I have found. I fish Reelfoot with them and have not broke the first one yet. And I mean I have gotten really rough with them, you hang up five out of eight trolling a person has a tendency to jerk and pull with little regard to equipment. Not to mention hanging them on trees at the ramp and bending them into oblivion. They are sensitive and tough, I'm sold on them.

Post Thanks / Like

I use and sell both types of rods Both are good BUT you cannot get replacement tips for Wally Marshal rods. Contacted both Wally Marshal and BPS about this problem. They want to sell the Rods ONLY. The tip sections on most rods are what breaks because of use and abuse. It is cheaper to buy new tip section than the whole rod. BTW what do you do with the butt section that is left?