Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sauger

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sauger

Anybody cathing those old sauger yet, is it cold enought yet?.

SRM

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Anybody cathing those old sauger yet, is it cold enought yet?.

SRM
    How would you like to try them out Monday?
    Or Tuesday?
    Or wed?
    How about Thursday ?
    Or if that will not work how about Friday?
    If Monday it may be after lunch before I get on the water will be putting in at Savannah west side of the river.
    Let me know and we will get in some water time. And Hope we can get some fish to go along with it:D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sauger

Pete, Monday after 12:00 is fine with me. You putting in at Savannah because you don't want to fish at the dam?.
    I don't care where we fish at as long as we fish for sauger. I've never caught
    one before so, I'm as excited as a young rooster in the hen house on a saturday night wearing cheap after shave..............

SRM

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spider rig man
    Pete, Monday after 12:00 is fine with me. You putting in at Savannah because you don't want to fish at the dam?.
    I don't care where we fish at as long as we fish for sauger. I've never caught
    one before so, I'm as excited as a young rooster in the hen house on a saturday night wearing cheap after shave..............

SRM
    :D Sounds like your ready
    Fishing down river because I think there may be more keeper fish there. Also better chance that you may catch at least one fish.
    Also I can show you a bunch of places to fish. Up and down river from the bridge at Savannah.
    If we fish at the dam, That cuts down on places to fish.
    I will shoot you my number today.
    Pete

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Slabmaster II: Is the Bellis Botel still located below the Wheeler Dam? I fished from there about 15 years ago with Bill Dance. Bill had a house next to the botel, and we had breakfast and dinner in the diner there. The diner in the botel would serve up a huge tray of Sauger for dinner, all you could eat for $5.00. Good old Day's. ( I caught my first smallmouth bass over 5lb there, 7lb 6oz.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bobberdown
    Slabmaster II: Is the Bellis Botel still located below the Wheeler Dam? I fished from there about 15 years ago with Bill Dance. Bill had a house next to the botel, and we had breakfast and dinner in the diner there. The diner in the botel would serve up a huge tray of Sauger for dinner, all you could eat for $5.00. Good old Day's. ( I caught my first smallmouth bass over 5lb there, 7lb 6oz.
    That is Pickwick dam your talking about. And yes Dance had a house next to it. His uncle ran the place.
    The restaurant is still there. New owner. And if you clean your catch, They will still cook them up for you.
    Open Thursday Through Sunday.

Pete

Post Thanks / Like

almost 7 and a half pound smallie? holy #%$@ Batman!! i want to fish there
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

bobberdown is offline Slabmaster II * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Bill had a swimming pool next to his house and the pool had some small houses made out of concrete in the deep end of the pool. The water was lake water with no chemicals in it. Bill had Largemouth bass, Crappie, Smallmouth, & perch in it. The bass were all over 5lb, we would feed them in the evening with minnows. That was a ball.
    His film crew took me to a bar just across the state line on our second day there, man I will remember that night for awhile. Bill and filmed two shows in five day's. One whole day he had to shoot commercials for sponsors, and I watched the locals fish for stripers in the spillway of the dam. They would latterly jump their boats over the wash wave at the base of the dam, then bounce back over it and start the drift down river.
    I caught the big smallie at the first little creek mouth right below the dam, about 100 yards below Bellis. Bill caught three smallies over 5lb that day.
    That was a great adventure and we have talked about doing it this spring again.

Post Thanks / Like

SRM are you ready?
    Hope we can find a few tomorrow. If so we will rub in in on Jeff. HAHA
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Spider rig , you have to watch Pete, if you catch a fish he will move the boat every time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast