Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gander Mountain rods?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gander Mountain rods?

I was at Gander yesterday looking at some light and ultralight rods. Kind of suprised how few they had in that category. They had some BnMs but they were mostly 8ft and longer and I was really looking for more of a 7ft (casting jigs mostly, occassional vertical jigging so i wanted a little longer). I was talking to the sales guy and he was showing me the Gander Mountain brand Guide Series Classics. Felt nice in my hand, not too heavy or too stiff. Does anyone use these? Are the good quality?

I was thinking of paring it with a Pflueger reel, either the 25 or 30. Then he started showing me the Gander brand reels, which he said were made by Pflueger. They were almost the same cost as the Pfluegers so Im thinking of just getting a Pflueger to go with it. But, has anyone used the Gander brand spinning reels before? Any good?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RiverSlabber View Post
    I was talking to the sales guy and he was showing me the Gander Mountain brand Guide Series Classics. Felt nice in my hand, not too heavy or too stiff. Does anyone use these? Are the good quality?

I was thinking of paring it with a Pflueger reel, either the 25 or 30. Then he started showing me the Gander brand reels, which he said were made by Pflueger. They were almost the same cost as the Pfluegers so Im thinking of just getting a Pflueger to go with it. But, has anyone used the Gander brand spinning reels before? Any good?
    I think GRIZZ has written positively about the GM rods and reels. You might try searching under his name.

Post Thanks / Like

I've used the Guide Series rods, but not the reels. My dad keeps a pair of Gander Mountain Advantage 5'6" UL rods with him at all times. He got them on clearance for $9 when they eliminated that particular length ($39 regular price). The only thing I have against them is the guides. They seem overly large for a UL rod. They are IM6 and have decent backbone for an UL. They catch fish for him.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of their 6'6" bass fishing rods on sale for $19.99 on Fathers Day and teamed it up with an ABU 5600 reel and have been very happy with it. Wish I had bought 2 or 3 more.

Post Thanks / Like

I use em and like em. Will be buying 2 guide series 12's soon.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Had both rods and reels, still have some reels. Good stuff, no issues.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 5'6'' light action GS rod. rod is awesome, great feel, fast action tip. i use it mostly for pitching structure and shooting docks. has plenty of backbone but not to stiff.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got a Gander Advantage rod 6' ultra light with a President 6730 on it. great little set up.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

I have a 7 ft GM IM8 UL that I bought several years ago that I really like for casting .It has been a good rod especially for casting roadrunners .Wanted to get another one but all they have been stocking are the IM6.Also have around twelve of the reels I use mostly for spider rigging.They have good prices on these reels when on sale and are good reels .I was also told they were made by Pfleuger.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one spinning rod that is the Gander Guide series. No issues with it. Had held up very well for the $$, especially when you can catch them on sale.