Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ALS challenge to Slab

Post Thanks / Like

Default ALS challenge to Slab

I know that not everybody is on FB, so I'm posting this here to let y'all know about the challenge we've issued to Ed aka Slab aka Head Gewber - just in case he needs a little encouragement!
    If you haven't heard about it yet, this is the Ice Bucket Challenge for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease)
    Paul and I completed ours yesterday and went on to challenge Ed, as well as a few others. Although it may seem kinda silly to dump ice filled water on your head, the "Ice Bucket" campaign is responsible for a huge boost in donations to the ALS Association. We were proud to participate!

Sorry, the video is blurry, but there were no "do-overs" on this one!

Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes Slab, sooners08, ifish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Vonna that looked bad cold!
    Biguns Pro Guide Service 662-424-2551, B'n'M Pro Staff, Engel Coolers Pro Staff, Ego Nets Pro Staff, Cumberland Crappie Pro Staff, Wise Boat Seats Pro Staff, Southern Pro Pro Staff, Pap's Hair Jigs Pro Staff, The Edge Multifunction Trolling Motor Bracket Pro Staff, Enjoy What God has given us and remember take a kid Fishing !

Post Thanks / Like

My mom did it for me! lol
    Owner
    "Wear your PFD" "No texting n driving" slab
    Crappie.com members are the best

Post Thanks / Like

She's a good sport!
    Vonna

Post Thanks / Like

Ha ha my wife got challenged to that thing and I filled the tractor bucket with ice water and dumped on her. Aaahhh fun times

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to throw in my 2 cents worth here. I have no desire to criticize anybody over this ice bucket deal but here's my take on this. Many groups use these blackmail tactics to raise funds in my area and I feel the same way about them all. I want no part of it. One group will bring out a goat and stake it out in your yard until you pay ransom. Another will take you to "jail" until you pay up for their cause. Many folks like myself find these tactics way overboard.

I just lost a friend to ALS and have a former co-worker and dear friend who is in the later stages of it. I have seen its affects.

I willfully donate time and money to the groups I support. I refuse to be blackmailed into contributing to anybody's cause. Stake out a goat in my yard, I will leave the gut-pile in the yard for you to see while I bar-b-q the goat. Try to take me to "jail" for your cause, you might be on the receiving end of me trying to stomp a mud hole in your rear end.

I just don't see such tactics as being anything but a poor way to raise funds. Take your bucket of ice water somewhere else. Come to me and explain your reason for raising funds, I will most likely write you a check.

If that makes me a spoiled-sport, so be it. Flame away.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff
    Likes huntinslabs, chaunc LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post
    I'm going to throw in my 2 cents worth here. I have no desire to criticize anybody over this ice bucket deal but here's my take on this. Many groups use these blackmail tactics to raise funds in my area and I feel the same way about them all. I want no part of it. One group will bring out a goat and stake it out in your yard until you pay ransom. Another will take you to "jail" until you pay up for their cause. Many folks like myself find these tactics way overboard.

I just lost a friend to ALS and have a former co-worker and dear friend who is in the later stages of it. I have seen its affects.

I willfully donate time and money to the groups I support. I refuse to be blackmailed into contributing to anybody's cause. Stake out a goat in my yard, I will leave the gut-pile in the yard for you to see while I bar-b-q the goat. Try to take me to "jail" for your cause, you might be on the receiving end of me trying to stomp a mud hole in your rear end.

I just don't see such tactics as being anything but a poor way to raise funds. Take your bucket of ice water somewhere else. Come to me and explain your reason for raising funds, I will most likely write you a check.

Calm down, no goats involved here. Just a little fun with ice for a good cause. If you don't like it, ignore it. We won't put you in jail.
    Owner
    Likes filletfetish, snake River LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mrdux View Post

Duly noted, sir. You may "have no desire to criticize" but that is exactly what you just did. This thread was started to poke a little fun at myself and Paul and Ed. It was not a challenge or "blackmail" to anybody else on this forum.

From July 29 through August 21 of this year, the ALS Association has received over 41 million dollars due to this ice bucket challenge. By comparison, their donations last year for this same time period were just over 2 million. They are the only national non profit organization for this disease. While I don't have friends or family directly affected by ALS, I've learned more about it as a result of participating in this challenge and I was proud to participate.
    Vonna
    Likes Slab, "G", filletfetish, strmwalker, "D", snake River LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Crappie Stalker View Post
    Duly noted, sir. You may "have no desire to criticize" but that is exactly what you just did. This thread was started to poke a little fun at myself and Paul and Ed. It was not a challenge or "blackmail" to anybody else on this forum.

From July 29 through August 21 of this year, the ALS Association has received over 41 million dollars due to this ice bucket challenge. By comparison, their donations last year for this same time period were just over 2 million. They are the only national non profit organization for this disease. While I don't have friends or family directly affected by ALS, I've learned more about it as a result of participating in this challenge and I was proud to participate.
    My wife and I have donated to the ALS cause recently because of my friends who are affected. We were also proud to do it and nobody got wet. This post was due to a conversation my wife and I had last night about the tactics some folks locally have chosen to employ with this fundraiser. It was not meant to criticize you, Vonna and I'm sorry you took offense.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

If you look at that video of my Mom, I've not seen her so engaged and excited about anything recently as to participate in this little fun cold water escapade. I told her what it was about, mentioning that it's brings awareness to ALS, and she was happy to do it, as you can certainly see! Raises awareness, bringing money to a good cause, good enough for me. That look on my moms face when she mentioned the cold water, PRICELESS!

Mom will be 84 in 5 days!

Oh, and I will be pouring an ice bucket upon myself soon. I don't follow rules or timeframes very well, sorry Vonna, but it will happen, and very soon.
    Owner
    Likes strmwalker, kycreek LIKED above post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast