Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another box full

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another box full

I've been trying to get a couple boxes of plastics ready for river fishing this fall and just closed the lid on this one.

All of these colors are dynamite for crappies on the Mississippi River beginning in the early fall. The baits shown are 2" Gliders from a Do-It mold. A couple weeks ago I shot up about 500 chartreuse baits using some re-melt chartreuse, then turned my attention to the left-over hot pink and fluorescent orange shooting a couple hundred of each color. These were all bagged on the sprue and set aside for this project and to have a few on hand "just in case". As I need tail colors, I simply cut off what I need.

I have another box this size that will get a couple other color combos using black as the body and bluegill [lower right hand baits] as the body, both colors of bodies getting hot pink and fluorescent orange for tails. Then it on to another bait...or two.
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I will not get into plastics NO NO NO!!!!!!!!!

Nice pours buddy but you're killin me!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking lures!! Well done.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

CTom, Do you have any problems with the tails welding to the second color if You let them set up and cure out before shooting the second color? Great looking baits as usual.CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Tails shot for future use are left on the sprue. When I need tails that have been bagged up for a while I just cut them to length right off the sprue and pop them in the mold and shoot. If the tails have been cut to length and THEN stored, they have to be given a good bath in alcohol to remove the oil that exudes from the plastic during storage. I've done it both ways but just leaving them on the tree works best for shooting at a later date and makes handling them a whole lot easier.

Post Thanks / Like

I shot this pile of walleye baits up today.

It was hot and humid here and I thought I'd be running into issues but things went fine. I shot this pile while running back and forth to the kitchen to stir my tomato sauce....garden is kicking out tomatoes like mad....can't hardly keep up with them.
    Likes kycreek, Jiganomics LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if the tomato sauce probably tastes as good as the plastic look, yum yum.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CTom View Post
    I shot this pile of walleye baits up today.

It was hot and humid here and I thought I'd be running into issues but things went fine. I shot this pile while running back and forth to the kitchen to stir my tomato sauce....garden is kicking out tomatoes like mad....can't hardly keep up with them.
    where did you get the mold for making those plastic baits?

bob.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

I really like those walleye baits.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a Do-It Bob. Mo's Magic is the name of the mold and it comes in 3 sizes from 2" to 4". The ones in the picture are 3". Its relatively new, but people are swatting the heck out of walleyes, smallies, large-mouths, and crappies on these baits.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast