Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogwood / Glendale Fish and Wildlife area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dogwood / Glendale Fish and Wildlife area

We are considering having Glendale Fish & Wildlife / Dogwood lake on our schedule for next year and want to see if we can get some members to meet up with with whoever can make it down there on Saturday August 30th. It would be interesting to see what kind of overall crappie fishing we can discover on this lake to make a determination on a possible new lake on our schedule.

If you are interested or think you may be able to make it, just respond here as we would like to know!

I have attached a link to the website with a lake map below:

DNR: Glendale Fish & Wildlife Area

good fishing all!
    Jim Raymer
    [email protected]
    Likes filletfetish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking forward to seeing some of you there!

Post Thanks / Like

I might be able to make it.
    Likes filletfetish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by indianachinker View Post
    I might be able to make it.
    What time is the weigh in

Post Thanks / Like

We won't be having a weigh in, since there's no point in over-stressing the fish. We would like to meet in the parking lot about 4 pm to discuss the fishing and see how everyone did. If you have to leave early, please sent Jim an email with any pics, thoughts and opinions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filletfetish View Post
    We won't be having a weigh in, since there's no point in over-stressing the fish. We would like to meet in the parking lot about 4 pm to discuss the fishing and see how everyone did. If you have to leave early, please sent Jim an email with any pics, thoughts and opinions.
    How did yall do........wondering if any body caught some nice fish

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't make it got home late Friday night. And had bunch of things to do before I leave out again. I would like to know myself. Couple people told me there is lot of grass.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kyrich View Post
    How did yall do........wondering if any body caught some nice fish
    We only had a couple boats show up. There were a couple small crappie caught, but bluegill and bass made up the days catch. Fishing this time of year, we know we didn't give it a fair shake, but it might not be the best location for us to hold an event. Great lake and facilities, for sure!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by filletfetish View Post
    We only had a couple boats show up. There were a couple small crappie caught, but bluegill and bass made up the days catch. Fishing this time of year, we know we didn't give it a fair shake, but it might not be the best location for us to hold an event. Great lake and facilities, for sure!
    Thanks filletfetish..............It can be tough but it has some good crappie

Post Thanks / Like

This was recently posted on the DNR website for a proposed change. Not yet in force obviously, but if approved the webpage says they would take effect in 2015. I was curious about this place and wondered if it was any good but had never fished it. Seeing this proposed rule change, it kinda had me worried that Dogwood may be like Hardy. Sure there's fish in it, but not anything worth taking home or weighing in.

312 IAC 9-7-9: Adds a 9-inch minimum size requirement to harvest crappie at Dogwood Lake in Daviess County and Hardy Lake in Scott County. Research indicates that a 9-inch minimum length limit on crappie at Hardy and Dogwood lakes should improve crappie fishing and make these standout lakes in Indiana.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast