Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: malware

Post Thanks / Like

Default malware

I know this has been hashed over several times but I cannot find the thread. I would like to find a free program that will remove malware and a cleaner (I think it was CCleaner).

Thanks,
    Ranger R61

Post Thanks / Like

Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!
    Likes shipahoy41, snake River LIKED above post

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

CCleaner has been on my computers for over 10 years ... and I've had no problems with it. You just have to be careful what you ask the program to remove.

Malwarebytes has also been on my computer for almost as long, and it's a great program for removing malware. I also have SuperAntiSpyware, which I use to remove tracking cookies & other spyware programs.

I'm using the free versions of these programs ... and update/run them regularly.

My Antivirus program is the free version of Avast. And if you look at the most downloaded free programs listing on this C-net link ... Windows PC software downloads and reviews from CNET Download.com ... you'll find Avast, CCleaner, & Malwarebytes in the top 20 !!

... cp
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Use CC cleaner and yes be careful what you ask it to remove. MalWarebytes excellent, AVG Free anti-virus.

All are easy to use. When you go to download them make sure you click off any free toolbar downloads or other free stuff that some add on to them.
    Likes shipahoy41, cache22 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use MalWareBytes and CCleaner and have for many years. You do have to select what CC cleans. Once you set up your patterns, you're fine.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

Yep .....I spent years fighting and cleaning up using these types of software issues. Bought a MAC, haven't touched it in 3 yrs.....

The best purchases in my life, MAC computer, Temperpedic mattress and anything Honda.

Post Thanks / Like

I use SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes, work great.

Post Thanks / Like

The new Malware bytes is excellent!!!!!!! It runs in sections now and doesn't take as long to run - If you've been running it when it updates it will do a new install so be prepared for it!! Nothing got broken!!!!LOL

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kellerqx View Post
    Yep .....I spent years fighting and cleaning up using these types of software issues. Bought a MAC, haven't touched it in 3 yrs.....

The best purchases in my life, MAC computer, Temperpedic mattress and anything Honda.
    MAC now has issues. I have a mac and have installed Avast to fix some issues.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"