HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spider Rig options???

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spider Rig options???

Anytime in the past that I have spider rigged I pretty much always use a double live minnow set up. Problem is here recently the only bait shop we have has been closed on days I would like to fish. If you don't have the option of live minnows, what is you next favorite setup and do you use single setups or run doubles? Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Post Thanks / Like

sometimes run single sometimes double using a variety of tubes or curly tails on ball head or horse head jigs lot of different colors until one gets more hits then change more to whatever is getting hit.
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

Post Thanks / Like

RoadRunners or Strollers.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

I just noticed that I left out my main question on whether or not you all add a small type snap swivel so you can change out easier or just tie them straight?

Post Thanks / Like

If live isn't available get yourself some 1" gulp minnows. I use the "smelt" color pattern. These things will fish dang near as good as live bait. In the last week we have been testing the different baits. My dad will use live and I will fish the gulps next to him. It's honestly 50/50 in the last four outings. I rig mine right on my double minnow rig. I use tru-Turn #2 blood red hooks. I simply feed the gulp onto the weightless hook. It helps when the bite is light. Instead of them ripping off minnows by the tail they suck the gulps in completely. Almost every hook is in the roof of their mouths.
    Likes Gobob, Herewego, lcookie LIKED above post
    Thanks Ralo79 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I recently started to push cranks but I am a novice. I can't use live bait on our home lakes , I have had good success with the gulp minnows. I like the 1 inch version in chartreuse or the smelt . Never hurts to try something different you stumble on the next big thing for your waters.
    Thanks Ralo79 thanked you for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I put on a 1/2oz weight and tie a swivel on the end. If I want to run 2 then I tie another swivel about 18" above the end one with weight in the middle
    smiles are contagious, spread them around
    Proud Member of the ZIPPER Club
    & Team Geezer

RogerA is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use a snap swivel on the end of my main line to make changing rigs out faster and easier. I have used all kinds of jigs on rigs and caught fish on them at times but at other times they only want live bait.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys....I guess my main concern was using the snap swivels. I know there are varying opinions on their use, so I didn't want to hurt my chances. I don't have the best eyes in the world and retying all the time would not be a fan favorite for me!!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks all, this helps me out too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast