Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: I need help from my neighbors to the west.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need help from my neighbors to the west.

The wifey and I are heading your way in the morning and going to Branson/Ridgedale area to stay for the weekend. She is wanting to do all the tourist thing but also told me to take some poles and tackle just in case. She only told me this cause she is having her sister house sit for us and she knows I would like that but I think its a fair trade. She wants to maybe rent a boat on one of the lakes in the area but I'm thinking maybe a guide. So I need some info on guides or boat rental and best places to fish in that area. Another option is if someone want to trade a trip for that area for a trip on beautiful Lake Shelbyville here in Illinois. Please respond to this message or PM me here or text me at 217 343 7516. Thanks Pat aka bowhunter012463.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

If you can stand fishin for slick and slimy trout you cannot beat Lilly's Landing on Lake Taneycomo. You can use your crappie rods with a2lb leader and either rent a boat or hire a guide. The folks can get you catching trout in 30 minutes after you shut the car door.

Post Thanks / Like

That might be an option but really looking for crappie. The wife sign us up for a presentation at Big Cedar Lodge and got a weekend stay. Thanks for the info.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

You will love Big Cedar. We have stayed there several times in the past, but have never done any crappie fishing at that location of Table Rock. They do rent boats right there at the marina and there are guides that work out of the marina. We usually go in March and you can catch small mouth and spotted bass from the rocky shoreline. The water is veeerrrrry clear and this time of the year night fishing may be the only way to go at Table Rock without a guide.
    Enjoy your time there and beware of the timeshare presentation!
    Husker
    the trick to catch that finnicky speck....
    gently set the hook just before the peck

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your time there and beware of the timeshare presentation!

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto the time share.. just did it they will only want $10,000 _$24000 ..and you still won't get to stay where you want.. signed up for a week in January and thought I would take a week in June and guess what ? Sorry no room

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, we have done the time share gigs in Branson, Myrtle Beach, Sedona, Alabama, etc. We do have BlueGreen but have to use points off season to make them last. We do some timeshare presentation still, but shame on us only to get the free stuff. A lot of the presentations always look good but the presenters turn nasty when you say 'no'. The good thing is we could have about 30 days in Branson with the few points we have(Sunday thru Thursday nights) during the year, but can not use them in the summer, holidays, etc. We could barely have enough points for a whole week in prime time. Fine with us as we are retired and like Branson, but usually stay at The Falls instead of Big Cedar most of the time. Trout fishing is great on Lake Taneycomo and there are good golf courses in Branson.
    Husker

Post Thanks / Like

Well thanks guys for the info, but we did buy a vacation package and I think we did good. Don't use their financing, used our own. I did wear my C.C shirt and hat and had lots of the guys come up to me and offer to take me out with them when I go back down in November and one feller even gave me a map of where the COE along with the fish and wildlife dept. had put in some habitat.
    Lets go soak a line. Pat

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats on your vacation package.....hope you got them down to a good price. When we bought it was when they brought in their 'head honcho' to give us their bottom of the lake price. The one thing we do not like about BlueGreen is the lack of resorts in this part of the country.
    Husker