Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a mess

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a mess

Caught this while white bass fishing. Without cutting all this out, I count 11 lures and at 4 mussels.

Name:  100_0281.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  49.7 KB
    Trump is like the guy that comes on the playground and beats up on the guys that's been pushing you around for the last 30 or 40 years.
    Likes Slab, M R Dux, NUBSTER LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for cleaning up the waters. might even find an antique lure!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt I am glad you took the time to pull that from the water and not leave it behind

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a Dolly Parton wig.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

GPS that spot... must be a good hole.
    BATES FIELD & STREAM PRO STAFF, MAYFLOWER AR
    CRAPPIEHOLIC APPERAL PRO STAFF
    If Your Big Crappie Star Bound, Let Me Warn You It's a Long Hard Ride. CP

kycreek is online now Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Somebody thinks so....

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you go back after that fish? Someone was trying to catch that one. Glad you cleaned up the mess. You might find an old lure to send to the Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good job. The most we have dragged up was a ball of line with 3 Bandits in it, one of them mine that we had lost a couple of weeks earlier.

I've told this story on the KY Forum. I used to troll religiously for sauger and white bass on KY Lake. There was a spot on a ledge in the middle of the lake that constantly ate my crankbaits. I went into a local sporting goods store in Murray and there was a huge piece of a gill net hanging on the wall that was absolutely covered up in baits. I asked where did it come from and the store owner started describing a mid-lake ledge. We got a map out and I asked him if this was the spot---it was exactly. They had taken a tally of all the baits in that net and the prices of all the baits in it came to over $600 at current prices for that day(this was late 80s). Many of the baits were in such bad shape they were barely recognizable. Many looked brand new. I'm sure several of them were mine. It made for an interesting display. The guy had done fishermen a huge favor by taking a grappling hook and large rope with him and dragging it all up when he got hung up in the net.

I have no idea what became of the net and lures. That store closed a short time after,
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I've never dragged up anything that big before but I have snagged and pulled in other peoples hangups before. I always toss them in the nearest garbage can. Same for cut off line I find laying around on shore. Amazes me how lazy some people are. Most times there was a garbage can within 100ft of where the mess was found.

Post Thanks / Like

When my grand daughter and I went the other day I cleaned up a lot of discarded line and found 15 brand new tiny tube head jigs. I make my own but they went right in my jig bag, better there then in a someone's foot. Always have a garbage bag in my tackle backpack for picking stuff up.

I also carry a gallon zip bag and we pick up the goose down feathers and bring them home to clean up they make nice collars for flies and jigs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast