Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Newbie here

Post Thanks / Like

Default Newbie here

Hey folks !!! Just wanted to say that I really like this site. I live in Monroe, Georgia and do my crappie fishing on Lakes Jackson, Oconee and Sinclair. Looking forward to sharing some fishing reports with ya'll and maybe learning some new tips.
    Thank God I'm A Country Boy !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

My wife is from Macon, Georgia and lived on Lake Sinclair at one time. From her descriptions, it must be some wonderful crappie fishing there. She is up here in the Land of Lincoln (Illinois) where we are experiancing below zero weather. This is her 10th winter up here, so you would think she would get used to it but it hasn't happened yet. LOL.
    From her descriptions, there is a lake around that area that had alot of cypress trees growing in it that had wonderful crappie fishing in it. She said they used to pull some huge crappie from around those cypress knees. And, I bet you don't havve to break ice to fish them this time of the year. LOL.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome aboard Hawkeye

If you're in to Crappie fishing - you're in the right place ! ...........cp

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Redtick
    My wife is from Macon, Georgia and lived on Lake Sinclair at one time. From her descriptions, it must be some wonderful crappie fishing there. She is up here in the Land of Lincoln (Illinois) where we are experiancing below zero weather. This is her 10th winter up here, so you would think she would get used to it but it hasn't happened yet. LOL.
    From her descriptions, there is a lake around that area that had alot of cypress trees growing in it that had wonderful crappie fishing in it. She said they used to pull some huge crappie from around those cypress knees. And, I bet you don't havve to break ice to fish them this time of the year. LOL.
    Fishing would get boring if we did not have to look forward to winter fishing and buying winter cloth and hand warmers along with heater in the boat and wondering if you are getting them to near that 20 gal gas tank in the boat. Also wondering what you would do if you fell over board with all the clothes on and would your life vest hold the extra weight, plus could climb back in the boat with all them wet frozen cloth on? We just hit 12 degrees here today and glad to see it is warming up, wishing I was fishing. ha ha

Just think living down south they have never tried shoveling snow from the boat because it is starting to set to low in the water and you can find any thing in the boat but a empty coffee can to shovel with. Then all you catch are the darn 2-3# green crap as Jerry calls them. But when you do find them slabs they are larger than in the summer.
    Duane

My soon to be ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the Board Hawkeye

Pull up a chair and grab a drink and stay awhile

It amazes me! by JD

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeye
    Hey folks !!! Just wanted to say that I really like this site. I live in Monroe, Georgia and do my crappie fishing on Lakes Jackson, Oconee and Sinclair. Looking forward to sharing some fishing reports with ya'll and maybe learning some new tips.
    Regards,

Moose1am