Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipahoy41's two inch shad minnow tail mold

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shipahoy41's two inch shad minnow tail mold

I have been playing around with my new two inch shad minnow tail mold that I received from Bob Hinkle. I cannot thank him enough. I wish blessings upon him in his future move to the South. I have been looking for this particular minnow mold ever since I got into handcrafting soft plastic baits. I can see right now that this mold will be at the top of the food chain. It is a ten cavity model and shoots up real easy. I was attempting to make the eyes pop and add a lateral line image. I mixed up a bit of light purple/grey and added some silver glitter. I am trying to imitate a minnow color for this one. Old Ship is having fun again. Thank you Snake River for getting me started into this soft plastic lure making. What do you experts on this forum think of this puppy? I believe this dog will hunt.

Name:  Shad body minnow tail mold.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  Mike's Shad body minnow tail mold.jpg
Views: 5181
Size:  29.9 KB

Name:  Ship's Shad Minnow Tail.jpg
Views: 1788
Size:  75.6 KB
    Last edited by shipahoy41; 08-12-2014 at 12:01 PM.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Likes snake River LIKED above post

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not an expert, but they look good to me
    Good luck and good fishing

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Luvfatslabs View Post
    I'm not an expert, but they look good to me
    The next batch will be glow-in-the-dark green with a pink tail.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks good to me Ship
    Likes shipahoy41 LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Ship......back in the Spring when I was single poleing soft plastics around stumps, logs, windfalls etc.with a jig pole ...... The most productive color for me was a blue and pearl combination.....front half blue....back half pearl
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes shipahoy41, Donald@CrappieLogic LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done Ship, I like the blue ones on the top picture.
    Wishing you Blue Skies and Tight Lines

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    I have been playing around with my new two inch shad minnow tail mold that I received from Bob Hinkle. I cannot thank him enough. I wish blessings upon him in his future move to the South. I have been looking for this particular minnow mold ever since I got into handcrafting soft plastic baits. I can see right now that this mold will be at the top of the food chain. It is a ten cavity model and shoots up real easy. I was attempting to make the eyes pop and add a lateral line image. I mixed up a bit of light purple/grey and added some silver glitter. I am trying to imitate a minnow color for this one. Old Ship is having fun again. Thank you Snake River for getting me started into this soft plastic lure making. What do you experts on this forum think of this puppy? I believe this dog will hunt.

Name:  Shad body minnow tail mold.jpg
Views: 1279
Size:  40.5 KB

Name:  Mike's Shad body minnow tail mold.jpg
Views: 5181
Size:  29.9 KB

Name:  Ship's Shad Minnow Tail.jpg
Views: 1788
Size:  75.6 KB
    I hope that you will enjoy that mold very much Mike I'm sure that you will put that puppy to work the good thing about that plastic bait is that you can fish it vertical and horizontal so the tale is positioned to go up and down I did real well with it last year on smallmouth bass I used a clear with silver glitter we have made them just like you've done in the above pictures and you can do only tail you can't do a 50-50 with that mold to that Rick didn't make it so you can shoot the body half with the back a different color but anyway I'm sure that you will find different ways to make deaf puppy work out for you I will enjoy seeing you work with that mold I hope that you will. Pictures of some fish that you will be catching with that bait.

we have the place sold if the gentleman will come across we are praying very hard that everything will go well and then we will be on her way in your direction we thank you for your prayers and thoughts.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

Snake River, You and LeeAnn are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I know you will be in Texas very soon. (I see you have the state of Texas on your siggy) I will be playing with glow-in-the dark green with this mold later today. Then I will do the back one color and the belly a pearl color. Lots of ideas for my favorite mold now. Big fish eat little fish so I will be making up some delicioius appetizers for them. THIS IS MY FAVORITE lure. Thank you for your words of wisdom, thoughtfulness and confidence in my ability.

Post Thanks / Like

looks good.

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I have a brainstorm in my head for that mold I do have three more of those molds I have one more 2" and I have 2 of the 11/2" no we are not selling them but I will take some pictures of what I have in mind and post them I think you'll like what we have cooking in my head.

www.bobsjigs.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast