Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Deep long line trolling?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Deep long line trolling?

Hey wanted to start a thread with head shapes driving the conversation. I found something the other day by accident long trolling round ball heads( 1/8th and 1/4)...wally world heads...I pour my own heads but don't have 1/8th 1/4 round ball. I have them in an egg head and walleye head in these weights ( none poured up yet) but no experience pulling the head shapes, at gps controlled speeds I figure walleye heads will swim at deeper depths? at .07mph, same with egg heads? they will swim deeper? I know I know...on the water time pulling on a sandy flat to see..has anyone else done this and what were your finds? The bait was suspended at 18' and fish were in and around the bait, being caught in 14'-18' DOW. Love to here your thoughts...did this experiment in lu of pulling bandits...just for purely experiment...and battery life thanks LB
    A Proud member of Lake Allatoona and Lake Weiss (Team Geezer)

Post Thanks / Like

plastic body size has more an affect than head shape. Say a 2" skinny grub is different than a 3" fat grub. Head sizes for crappie jigs are all relatively compact, JMO.