Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zebco 33

Post Thanks / Like

Default Zebco 33

On the way to pick up my grand daughter we stopped at the Bass Pro Shops in Auburn, NY and I got her a new Zebco ladies 33 outfit. There's been a lot written about them lately but they've apparently been re-designed. I played around casting it down the aisle and opened it up. The spin cone inside is different, the cap is reshaped and has a bigger line hole.

It cast really well and picked up the line well, and she's happy as the pole is purple!!LOL We'll see how the first fishing trip with it goes

Post Thanks / Like

She wil be tickled pink...uhh purple with that outfit. Just make sure you take her fishing so she can use it.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

When these storms stop popping up we'll be out and using it!! She's raring to go!!

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd take a spool of 8lb test mono along. Ten pound test Cajun Red line seems a bit much for the outfit, and I've "heard" that that brand of line is kinda wiry (stiff) and prone to setting in coils. Don't know that to be fact, just what I've heard. But, at the same time, from what I've seen ... line that comes with combo outfits always seems to be either really cheap/crappy line or a high pound test (so that it doesn't easily break).

I might keep the 10lb test line on, if she's going to be fishing with a weight greater than 1/8oz or using some form of trolling method. But, if she's going to be using a lighter weight, and especially if she's going to cast it much ... I'd consider a lighter pound test (6-8lb test mono of choice). IMHO ... it would perform better.

... cp
    Likes Saltine, theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    I've "heard" that that brand of line is kinda wiry (stiff) and prone to setting in coils. Don't know that to be fact, just what I've heard.
    It is 100% as you just described. I bought a dozen Zebco 33 combos for a youth outing. The line was so horrible, I replaced all of them with BPS 6# hi-vis mono. The result was nite and day.

Post Thanks / Like

yup to the line. also, make sure you spool the new on correctly, as it is a spinning reel. hope it catches a whopper!

Post Thanks / Like

It's got Cajun Red 10 lb. on it, but I'm going to put 6 lb. Trilene XL on it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    It's got Cajun Red 10 lb. on it, but I'm going to put 6 lb. Trilene XL on it.
    Good move! My granddaughter is 5 now and she's eyeballing her brother's fishing equipment quite a bit. Sooooo....I may just give this rig a shot for her next bday!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Post Thanks / Like

I bought several RL-11 Zebco's same crappy line. Ripped it off and replaced it all.

Post Thanks / Like

Specifically, what model is this one you show? Looking on Amazon, I could find the "Ladies 33", but not with the purple rod.
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast