Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 1st wall going up in the addition

Post Thanks / Like

Default 1st wall going up in the addition

Inside that is. Cement board down, laying up the stone. Very tedious work. I realize it would be so much easier floating the sheetrock and painting. But we want this addition the same as the main house, which is what it will be. So far, so good:

Name:  Stone Wall.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  108.3 KB

Before you fellas say anything about the electrical receptacle being upside down - the reason is I will install brass receptacle plates like the main house. If for some reason the plate comes loose and falls while something is plugged in, it will contact the ground. Not the neutral and hot causing a short and tripping the breaker, or something worse. Us brilliant Aggies think things through. Ready to go back to work tomorrow to get some rest . Thanks for looking.
    Randy Andres
    Likes shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Almost afraid to say anything, but....one of those beads of adhesive is just a little shy of straight, or..........whoa........glasses were on crooked. Never mind.
    "Proud Member of Team Geezer"

Likes stormcloud, shadow, fishervet LIKED above post

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Good work Randy
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Randy if your receptacles are upside down then so are all of mine for the reason you mentioned. Better safe than sorry. One question for ya, are those stones individual pieces or are they joined together in groups like a panel for easier installation. I've done many DIY projects but never stone. Whatever way it is, it's looking very good so far.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Gene, they are all individual pieces. That's why it's so tedious. Thanks fellas.
    Randy Andres

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

All of mine are like Randy......that was the code was when I built my house.....since then they have changed it.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Nice workmanship Randy.