Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SE Sport 200 Hydrofoil

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default SE Sport 200 Hydrofoil

My pontoon is stern heavy. All 3 batteries, fuel tank, and electric servo art aft or beyond. The boat is somewhat sluggish plaining when extra weight (250 pound blueball) is added as a passenger. The prop is right. The anti-cavitation plate is perfect on plane. The boat is 16 foot x 6 foot. Max HP is 30, which I have a 30 Merc 4 stroke. Lot of weight to put on plane.

I got a SE Sport 200 Hydrofoil to try. Hoping this helps with plane. Not worried about speed cause I ain't got no place to go in a hurry.

I have never had one of these devices before. The thing is huge. geez. Pictures are deceiving. What ya think?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Bet it makes a big difference
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

It should make a big difference....I run a SE Sport 300 on my boat and have had one on my last three boats. I put them on because..... just seems to give better control all the way around
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Have put them on three boats over the years. Seems to get on plane quicker and stay on plane at lower speeds better.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Some boats they help, some they make worse and some makes no difference. I had that SE Sport on a 16' bass boat and it helped with turning but that's all. But then I had a 150 Merc on it so I never had any problem getting on plane. Don't know squat about toons tho.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Got the next size up on my Tracker PT175, gets on plane faster, stays on plane at lower speeds, and rides better in rougher water. Some say it will lower your top speed, but I just got a new 4 blade prop and tried it with and without the hydrofoil, both were 5700 rpms and 34 mph. I'm putting mine back on.

Post Thanks / Like

u gonna haft to make me ride up front bet that would do the trick,lol
    Likes Don G, Cane Pole LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use them ,i had them on 3 boats ,2 0f them were 150 and now on my 60,it made a lot of different on i50 but just a little better on my 60,by the way i made my own .and as already said could go slower speed on bass boats i had without bouncing.
    God Demonstrated his love for us. Romans 5:8

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Have one on my old boat with a 40. Actually helped speed a little but best thing was it helped lift the stern of the boat handled better at all speeds.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered the no drill adapter for the SE200. Hope it works. Didn't wanna drill holes in a motor that is still under warranty. Hope to install the 200 Wednesday after the dentist gets my tooth fixed.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast