Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best submersible light?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best submersible light?

So I've been working 70 to 80hrs a week lately and am hunting for spare time to fish, at a local lake I fish and veteran angler told Me the night bite was on! so I am debating on doing some night fishing, I know guys normally use flouresent line and from what I read a Green submersible light is the prefered color. So now I am looking for advise on a quality light? I like to buy things once so a durable quality light is what I'm looking for.

Post Thanks / Like

Quality can be defined many ways. I have a quality green flourescent submersible light I bought from Academy for $20 and have had it for over a year without any issues. I use it a lot too. Academy - Optronics® NightBlaster® Fish-N-Lite Fluorescent Fishing Light
    You can buy more expensive lights if you prefer but IMHO it is a waste of money.
    I also have LED lights around the outside of my boat and they work as well if not better sometimes than the submersible light.
    USAF Retired and fishing!

Post Thanks / Like

If you really want the best I know what that is. It's the brightest and as far as I have seen, made the best. I have one and it will blow any light I have ever seen away. It uses Cree LED's and they are the brightest and best LED's in the world and made in the USA!
    I put it against a light that had 960 LED's and mine with 30 LED's was so much brighter that it was no contest! It's no where near the $20 type though, but the one with 960 LED's was about the same price as the one I bought and kept.

Drop Lights Archives | Loomis LEDLoomis LED

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

kind of light would be up to you and your wallet. all will draw minnows. i would however suggest a white light. with a white light, you can make it any color you wish, with some wrap.

Post Thanks / Like

I had forgotten to mention I bought a light from BPS similar to the one Kickingback posted but it quit working soon after I bought it. Also the previous owner of my boat gave me one, that is very dim, it also came from BPS, so I am starting to believe You get what You pay for. The Loomislead look good i may consider the 16 led model for $120 if I cant find any thing else.

Post Thanks / Like

I have done a lot of reading (some call it lurking I call it learning) on this forum and there are tons of ideas about fishing lights. A while back somebody referenced making a great light for Pennys on the dollar. I searched for led lights in the search box and was able to find it again. Great play by play how to. If you have time to mess with it ya may want to consider making your own or check with the original poster of that to see if he would sell you one.
    Likes Crappiekeeper10 LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom 513 View Post
    I had forgotten to mention I bought a light from BPS similar to the one Kickingback posted but it quit working soon after I bought it. Also the previous owner of my boat gave me one, that is very dim, it also came from BPS, so I am starting to believe You get what You pay for. The Loomislead look good i may consider the 16 led model for $120 if I cant find any thing else.
    You ask for the best and I believe that is it. It's made so very strong and tough! Also you can't buy Cree LED's cheap, but you also can't get a brighter one! I am sure 16 of that LED will be brighter than anything else on the market!

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!

Post Thanks / Like

i have this one Submersible Underwater 210 LED Green Night Fishing Light Boat Pier Dock | eBay its super bright. i just hooked it up to my car battery and i can honestly see it from down the road (at night time). its made to be tough and the cord for the power on the leds is actually thicker than the cord on my microwave. made well just trying to figure out a portable battery option for taking it on the bank when i cant go out on a boat

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the posts guys, and I am in the market for a sub light as well. I have heard good reviews on Hydroglow and Alumiglow lights, but the 24" models for both are around $130. The required brightness is relative depending on where you fish. Brighter is probably better as a rule, but if you fish where there is good water clarity without algae blooms and silt, you could probably save some $$$ on a smaller model.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a homemade 2ft led,sort of like the hydra glow,i used it friday night worked great,saturday night i went with a friend who had a hydroglow and it worked great and was very bright as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast