Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Trailer Inspection

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trailer Inspection

New Laws. No inspection for single axle trailers and boat trailers.
    2014 motor vehicle law amendments to affect Louisiana drivers - KALB-TV News Channel 5 & CBS 2

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally, a common sense law.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!
    Likes shadow LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

You're right Gene. Read the same thing in the Louisiana Sportsman. I wish folks would pay close attention to what they have, take care of it, and how it could harm them and those around them as well. That law probably originated from irresponsible people. You wouldn't believe what I have seen around Henderson.
    Randy Andres

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Randy if you believe it's bad there, you need to see all the problems that develop by salt water launches. I seen hundreds of trailers on the side of the road with the primary problem is bearings and or axle failure. I don't think the inspection law as it was before was bad, but with no enforcement the people with the bad trailers never got them inspected and continued to pull them unsafely down our highways. Enforcement would have been as simple as an officer visiting a boat launch a couple of times a month and start checking. Once the word got out, things would change. To people like you and I and many others it's not because of the law that we keep our stuff in safe condition but a moral responsibility to ourselves, our families, and our fellow travelers on the highways. We do it because it's the right thing to do, not because we are forced to do it.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well said Gene.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad they did away with it. I wasn't worried about the $10 per year, even though the inspection was a joke, but I didn't like having to remember to have an inspection done. I'm also in favor of being able to get an inspection in the rain.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers