Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Spring Crappie Camp Scheduled !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oklahoma Spring Crappie Camp Scheduled !!!!

The Oklahoma Spring Crappie Camp is scheduled for March 20, 21 & 22, 2015 at Lake Wister, OK. Campground location and more details to follow.
    "Everyone should believe in something;
    I believe I'll go fishing." ...H.D. Thoreau

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Guy's all the cabins have been booked for the wister camp due to having it during the Oklahoma schools spring break but there are camping spots at the lake and motels in Poteau which is 7-9 minutes away from the lake here are some hotels. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 921
Size:  73.1 KB

Ranger09 is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We rented our cabins last month. At that time all were available. Glad we didn't wait.
    Mark McGuire 918-441-1453
    Guiding on Eufaula, Tenkiller, and Ft Gibson
    Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Fle Fly Outdoor Brandz Pro Staff & VIP Team Cordinator

DrNip is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't be able to stay for this camp but will at least try to swing by Friday or Saturday night to say hi.

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Rented ours last week so we are all set! It is really close to Poteau, if your not into camping there I would try to find a room in town.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer!

Post Thanks / Like

Spring Crappie Camp / Lake Wister / March 20 - 22, 2015

18 Feb 2015 Update

Talked to Park Manager today and discussed the availability of the RV sites for our March Crappie Camp. Debra Reiniger, the Park Manager/Park Ranger stated that the RV sites are on a first come basis and cannot be reserved. She didn't think there would be an availability problem during our dates.

There are five (5) RV sites with water, 30 amp electrical and sewer connections across from the Park office and two (2) 50 amp sites with water and no sewer connections located near the ramp.

A maximum of three (3) tents can be located on each RV site (without an RV unit). After you have set up on a site, a Park Ranger will come by to collect the fee or you can pay at the Park Office.

Camping Rates:
    ■ RV site with water, 30 amp electrical and sewer is $23.00 per night,
    ■ RV site with water, 50 amp electrical and no sewer is $20.00 per night,
    ■ Tent sites are $12.00 per night

Activities: No Activities are planned at this time. Possibility of a Fish Fry on Saturday

Campers: (Please respond if you plan on coming to the Camp)
    1. davebrown42
    2. CrowderCrappie
    3. Redge
    4. IkenI

Attached Images Attached Images  

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I will be there!

Dave, Are these camp sites only on Quarry Island that you listed??? There are a whole lot of camp sites, I would estimate 100 or more at the different parks around the lake and the camp grounds are not very far apart. I can't believe they only have 7 electrical sites. They may just have 7 electric sites on Quarry Island.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

Post Thanks / Like

The seven electric sites mentioned are on Quarry Isle. The nearest campground down the Wards Landing Rd is Wards and it is closed until the 1st of April. Further down Wards Landing Rd is the Victor Campground and it is open with numerous electric sites, both sewer and non-sewer. As I recall it is about eight miles down Wards landing Road from Quarry Isle. The road is paved but very rough so you need to go slow if you camp there. It is a nice campground but has a lousy boat ramp. Across the road from Wards Landing is what looks to be the best boat ramp on Wister. It is open. There are also a few sites down below the dam but I'm not certain if they have electricity. If someone plans to fish the Poteau it would be a long haul down from Victor.
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry for the miscommunication! The RV sites I listed are for Quarry Island (Isle?) only. The Camping folks made a decision to use Quarry Isle as the Spring Campgrounds.

Proud Member of
    TEAM GEEZER
    Likes deerhunterodie LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

It's now less than a month to go till our Spring Crappie Camp which will be held the same weekend as the Wister tournament. The 30 day weather forecast looks great. As always during the Spring in SE Oklahoma better have a rain suit handy. There should be lots of big fish caught that weekend. The cabins have all been booked but there is an abundance of camping sites, both RV and tent. There are also numerous motels in Poteau which is very close. The only group planned event right now is a probable fish fry Saturday after the tournament. If enough people indicate they are coming we may come up with something for Friday night as well. The Spring, Fall and Geezer camps are oriented on fishing and more fishing. The big Summer camp in June will have lots of family oriented activities. Everyone check your calendar for March 20-22d and plan to be there. Let us know if you are coming. It should be a great fishing weekend!
    Proud member of TEAM GEEZER

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast