Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Patoka Lake floating cabin rentals

Post Thanks / Like

Default Patoka Lake floating cabin rentals

Has anyone rented these before? I know Hoosier National Forest surrounds the lake, I thought about renting a floating cabin, bow hunt in the morning then fish late afternoon. I have never been to this lake, how is the fall fishing and deer hunting?

I don't want exact locations, general areas near the cabins for both activities would be helpful.
    I have a topo map for the lake and the forest.

Thanks

Tony

Post Thanks / Like

great idea for a trip! no info for you though, sorry.

Post Thanks / Like

that's what I thought. They would make a great base camp for many activities.

Thanks for the reply

Post Thanks / Like

I think that's the best purpose that they serve. If your main means of transportation is via a boat, they would serve you well. For a family vacation, I wouldn't want to swim around the marina, but I think you would enjoy it for your activities. Lots of off limits, as well as hunting areas, so just learn your map. Good luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I am pretty sure,,if you want to hunt around Patoka, each Land Management Area has a box at a parking lot and you have to sign in maybe and out even and would be hard to do by boat. Not sure but better to check with DNR as I see the sign in boxes on 4 x 4's everywhere around the lake for each area. Enjoy the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah there are sign in stations and then you take a card put the hunter number on it and take a card. When your done drop the card in the box. The property manager office is just before the Wickliff gate or you can call them there may be a way to simplify it by signing in for the date you will be hunting till the date you are leaving. Just an idea don't know but it would be an inconvenience for you to run from the lake to a sign in box and that would simplify it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply's.

Tony