Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Night Bite??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Night Bite??

I want to take my Wife and Kids Out friday night and try to get in some Crappie. Smithville, Truman, Ozarks, are all viable options. Any suggestions?? Depth? Location? Bait? Pointers?

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't know you're way around Smithville, I would suggest around the bridge pilings by the W ramp, or by the Camp Branch Marina. You probably won't catch a ton of keepers, but it should be entertaining. LOZ is supposed to be pretty good at night, but I've never done it. Good Luck!

Post Thanks / Like

LOZ is good at night but it was slow last time I went a week ago. Any summertime brushpile could be good along with bluffs and points along a channel or secondary channel, check out a hotspots map. A good way to locate night time crappie is troll a crank an hour or so before sunset and watch for fish and brush. I would not fish any water under 20 ft try to stay 25 to 40 feet deep, find a depth they are at and drop to that depth so you don't waste time. Alumniglos are the best lights out there imo but pricy, from June till December I pretty much only fish at night or crappie so they are worth the money for me.