Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: bull shoals

Post Thanks / Like

Default bull shoals

I can't believe there is no one on here from bull shoals lake. I am looking for some one who knows the crappie fishing here to give me some advice on this lake and what I should be looking for as far as locations. The corp maps are not consistant about deep water symbols from one map to the next. Thanks for any help.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're near Theodosia marina go in there and talk to Bob or Brian his son. Bob is a guide and catches crappie year round down there. I was there with my in laws a couple years ago and Bob hooked us up real good. He didn't charge us anything since he's from the same town as us then moved to Theodosia after retirement and knows my father in law real well. Bob guides and Brian runs the marina and guides.

Post Thanks / Like

Also get the find mo fish app from the conservation department. They have all the locations of beds they have made on there with gps mapping.

If you are around the Theodosia area, there are some beds down around the turkey creek boat dock if they haven't all washed out in the last few years.

Go on down further around the mouth of spring creek and across the lake in the deeper water is the sunken forest a lot of people used to fish.

Most of the structure I used to fish and have gps for have long since been swept away in the high waters a few years ago so I can't help you much there. I haven't been but once this spring crappie fishing on bull shoals and that was up on pond fork above the Theodosia bridge.

Where are you from? I'm in Mountain Grove, MO. Own and operate Craig's Outdoor Sports there. Come by if you are ever in the area and we'll talk fishing. The coffee is always free!

Post Thanks / Like

I fish Bull Shoals at least once a week if I can. I have been finding some good sized crappie in the brush about 20 to 25 ft. The fishing is slow but I can usually get 6 to 8 nice crappie in 2 to 3 hrs. I fish the Theodosia to Pontiac area most of the time, sometimes I hit the brush piles down around Oakland. You will find brush on most all of the good flats anywhere from 10 to 35 ft deep. I hope this helps.

Darren
    Mo/Ark slab hunter

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the help guys. I live in Taneyville. Not much deep water up here. Will look up the MDC maps with gps. Good luck and thanks again.