Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: New to this site

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to this site

Hey folks. I'm a newbie and just wanted to say hello. I live in Monroe,Georgia. I love crappie fishing and do my fishing on Lakes Jackson, Oconee and Sinclair. Looking forward to sharing fishing reports with ya'll and maybe learning some tricks from ya'll.
    Thank God I'm A Country Boy !!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wink Hawkeye

Hawkeye, Welcome to Georgia Crappie. Com. We are happy to have you aboard! Looking forward to your fishing reports tips and advice. We enjoy sharing info. with each other here at Ga. Crappie.Com.Welcome again.Jimmy S.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi ya Hawkeye. I'm just down the road from you in Covington. I fish from a kayak, mostly in Lake Varner and down at Charlie Elliot. Just started back after laying off fishing for 20 years. Man, back then I loved trolling for crappie in Rock Creek on Jackson. My in-laws had a house where Rock Creek opens up into Jackson. Had several good spots up the Alcovu section also. Now that I fsh from a yak, I have to stay away from the big boats.
    Pedaling & Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Yak,
    Born and raised in Covington, my mama still lives there. I do alot of my fishing in Rock Creek. That is one of the best spots on Jackson. If they are on you can usually catch your limit and never leave this spot.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawkeye, you ever fish Lake Varner for crappie? I've only been on it twice, throwing for bass. I'm going to try and go Monday for a while if I can. I thought I would try a little crappie jigging either out from the dam or to the eas toward the small island where some old standing timber still shows.
    Pedaling & Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Yak,
    I've only fished Varner one time and we were crappie fishing then. I went with a fellow that I worked with at the time. We caught quite a few but there weren't any size to them. I do know some folks who have worn them out on Varner though.