Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandit question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bandit question

Have you ever had crank baits that become sinkers?
    This weekend 2 of my bandits did this . They don't seem to be busted( water not leaking out) and they do not run true.
    Anyone else have this problem?

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Never had any such issue with a Bandit bait. Are you 100% sure they were factory Bandits? I've seen some knock-offs that were passed off as Bandits.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

They came off the rack at Academy Sports One was black and one was fire Tiger pattern They were about 3 weeks old Never been banged of anything always fished in open water

Post Thanks / Like

Heard someone else talking about this on another forum, said he had 5 that were brand new doing the same thing.
    1990 Stratos 285 Pro 200 HP Merc
    SpyderLok Rod Holders
    Proud Member of Team Watch The Finger!!!
    (662) 458-8925

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theygotaeat View Post
    Have you ever had crank baits that become sinkers?
    This weekend 2 of my bandits did this . They don't seem to be busted( water not leaking out) and they do not run true.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    Go to the Bandit website and get the customer service email addy and let them know about this.....I feel pretty sure they will replace them
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Likes Billbob, ATM, theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking. If you have an issue with a Bandit product, call them. If you aren't satisfied with their solution THEN post it on the www. Goober.
    Likes theygotaeat LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not knocking Bandit baits they're great baits they run true out in the package and they catch fish. I've been loyal to them for many years while bass fishing on Toledo Bend. It's not about them being replaced and I will be getting another 8 or 10 before this weekend. With that being said I was just trying to find out if I was the only person with bad luck or if someone has seen it before. I am new to trolling crankbaits for crappie and I was trying to find out if it was something that I was doing wrong.Thanks for any info guys

Post Thanks / Like

I've been thinking about this all week does anyone out there think a plug knocker could have caused the bait to sink?

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theygotaeat View Post
    I've been thinking about this all week does anyone out there think a plug knocker could have caused the bait to sink?
    I've used a plug knocker to free cranks from snags (quite a few years) ... and I've never had any instances where the crank was busted or cracked from doing so. And that's even after repeated "knocks" to free the bait. That's not to say that it isn't a possibility ... just that it's never occurred in all my years of using my plug knocker.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

I finally figured out what happened to the bandit crankbaits. apparently while unhooking fish the point of the hook has made a small pinhole in the belly of the bait I am guilty of just grabbing the hook with needle nose pliers and shaking till the bigger cat fish come off the hook it took someone with better eyes than me to look at it and see the problem I dried them out put a dab of epoxy and they're good to go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast