Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Just wanted to say howdy!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Just wanted to say howdy!

Down here in Florida, sitting on the porch with a cool one in shorts/t-shirt:p wishing it was cooler so the crappie will start schooling. Water temp is still in the high 60's and needs to get down to low sixtys/high fiftys for them to do that. Won't be long though. Is to be in the 80's for the rest of the week then a front will move in to drop us down really low. Sixtys for highs and 40's for lows, then maybe the water temp will get down to better temps for the slabs.
    Will get for now, just wanted to say howdy and see how yall doing and to let ya know the gators aint got me yet.
    Dusty
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Dusty good to hear from ya.We may have to head down there after this weekend.They callin for temps in the teens and possible snow.The fish have started to turn on alittle so maybe once it stabalizes it will get real good.:D

Keep in touch and catch them southern slabs.Post some pics when ya get into em.:D

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy Dusty good to hear from ya,like hog said you will really be able to "rub it in" after this big a## front slams into the whole state tonight it is 60 degrees right now and is supposed to drop to 30 tonight and never climb tommorrow then drop to 14 tommorrow night with freezing rain and snow...kinda makes ya miss Missouri dont it.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Bug, Yup I miss it just about as bad as that last toothache I had. Thats why we travel. Have made up our minds to do the winter thing like the yankees do......down here. Kinda hard telling people I am a snow bird......when I am from Texas!!!!!!! Oh well. Looking forward for the bite to turn on here. They are some catching a few, but not the numbers for the winter yet.
    And Hogster, Like I said before the door is open, boat is in the water in the canal about 30' from the door and got plenty of gas. Guess within the next week or so, will find out how to get a few slabs in the cooler, when I get um figured out. Have a good bud gonna take me out and show me some florida tricks as well. If it is something that may work for yall, will give ya a report.
    Dusty

Post Thanks / Like

good luck dusty, enjoy that weather! haven't been hit by a hurricane in missouri in quite some time though..so i think everything evens out. enjoy those super-sized fish down there!
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Dusty,
    Do you fish Lake Monroe and Jessup?
    The top three fish weight on Crappiemasters came from there.
    My home lake Truman came in fourth.
    http://www.crappiemasters.net/publish/tourstats.shtml

Post Thanks / Like

Gonefishingee, both those lakes are within driving distance over on the St. Johns river system. That puts it a bit east north east of me, about 40 miles. If I kept the boat on the trailer, probably would give it a try, but the boat is sitting right out side our place on a canal that connects, thru canals, locks, lakes etc etc to over 100 miles of water. Within 12 miles of where we are is Lake Eustis, Lake Dora, Big/Little Harris, Griffen, Apopka, Beauclair and when you hit the Ocklawaha river, you can run all the way to Jacksonville and out to the atlantic. More than enough water to explore and fish, and they all have crappie (and gators). It is just good to not have to load and unload the boat everytime you want to wet a line, that I decided to leave it wet till we get ready for salt water down at Marathon in the Keys.
    Well, guess I had better get before this turns into a novel, but there is so much I could say about this place, which is why we decided to winter here for a few years. May still be back in yalls area come summer to see the grandkids for 4 months, then maybe we can meet at another camp out and eye balling.
    Take care.
    Dusty

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Dusty
    sounds like you have plenty of choices to fish. Man my wife would divorce me all the gas I would burn.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats the best part, I reach for the boat key off the wall, turn around and can't find the wife anywhere..........cuz she sees me go for the key and beats me to the boat.
    Dusty