Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 2014 ICAST crappie lure - ZMAN Slim Swimz

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2014 ICAST crappie lure - ZMAN Slim Swimz

Yo people.

Yesterday I spent the day at ICAST 2014 in Orlando checking out all the newest tackle from around the world and meeting awesome new people I have been looking forward to contacting and hopefully fishing with in the future. There was so much there I nearly killed myself trying to see it all in the one day I had this year. I ran into one lure that in my opinion is an absolute game changer for crappie, the ZMAN Slim Swimz. Here is a vid from ICAST. Z-Man Slim Swimz Lure at ICAST 2014 - YouTube Since Zman primarily makes larger plastics many of you may not have used their products, but now they have a 2.5" lure sized perfectly for crappies. ZMAN plastics have some industry unique properties that will make these no brainers for crappie. They are make from Elaztech, a nearly indestructible, super stretchy, super limp plastic that no one else has right now. The advantages are that they don't tear or wear out, they are super limp so even with a small lure with a slow presentation there is more action than any other paddle tail type lure, and the plastic absorbs scent so you can soak them in the packs in whatever scent you prefer and pull them right from the pack prescented.

I use them for saltwater fishing here in Florida and recently heard a story from a tackle store owner I trust. An older customer buying some ZMAN baits told him that he super-glues his lures to the jigs. He has one lure he has been using for an entire year that way. That's crazy for a plastic, but I have since started doing the same and they do last far longer than any other soft plastic and are so soft they have better action. Not sure how soon it will be for sale, but it won't be long. I will let you when I know because I want some as soon as possible.

See ya!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I been waiting and wondering when they would finally come out with some small lures. That elastec makes some awesome baits.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using Zman baits for years. Designed a shakeyhead jig for a local guide and PJ Lures copied it and is now on the market. Best shakeyhead worm on the market. Do not let it touch anything else in your box. Will melt down other plastic. This is some tuff plastic. Currently using it for stripers. Been trying the 2.5 swimz for a while. They need some more colors for crappie. This is what I am waiting fhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGiDPMpz-BQ&list=UUq1fPf7Gu4S2wGgpODEBpzQor. Good post Grizz.
    Last edited by ifish; 07-18-2014 at 04:19 PM.
    Life is Good !
    2018 Kentucky & Tennessee Crappie Masters State Champs!

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool bait!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ifish for reminding me about not mixing with other plastics. That slipped my mind. I haven't had it react with hard stuff just the other soft plastics. You? Where did you get your SwimZ?

Post Thanks / Like

Got the Swimz from a prostaff that was field testing them. I tried to get a prostaff status and they did not follow through.Been using these for awhile also.Z-Man Store » It will mess up some paint like vinyl and had it react on some of my custom paint jobs with envirotex. I keep all the elastic separate. Big complaint from the bass guys.
    Last edited by ifish; 07-18-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    Life is Good !

Post Thanks / Like

I have used the paddlerz, deizels, shrimpz, shadz, and pogyz. I have caught the most with the paddlerz.

Post Thanks / Like

My sister is moving to Clearwater,Fl. and will be visiting often I hope. See you are @ there Grizz in your profile. Any good fishing down that way.
    Life is Good !

Post Thanks / Like

Very cool bait!

Post Thanks / Like

There is a lot of fishing, but it's a whole different world with a lot to learn. I've been here over 3 years and I still feel like a novice. Drop me a note when you come and I'll give you an overview. Also if your sister is a church goer I can help save her the time of looking around.