Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Lake O' The Pines Report

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Lake O' The Pines Report

Just got back from spending over a week in my RV at Johnsons Creek on Lake O' The Pines in East Texas. The weather has been terrible. We fought high winds in the 15-30 mph all week. We managed to limit out two days and really catching some good slabs in the 13-15 1/2 ". We took some pics and will post them later when we get film developed. Usually this time of year the Crappie are in 30-45 feet of water. All the fish we caught were in 25-29 feet. With the wind blowing so hard all week, you just about had to hold the pole in your hand to feel the bite. They were hitting that easy. You either needed a powerful trolling motor or a good anchor to do any good. Will go back for two weeks in January, they should be in the 40' water by then.LOL

R&R
    "Just one more drop of my Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rod & Reel
    Just got back from spending over a week in my RV at Johnsons Creek on Lake O' The Pines in East Texas. The weather has been terrible. We fought high winds in the 15-30 mph all week. We managed to limit out two days and really catching some good slabs in the 13-15 1/2 ". We took some pics and will post them later when we get film developed. Usually this time of year the Crappie are in 30-45 feet of water. All the fish we caught were in 25-29 feet. With the wind blowing so hard all week, you just about had to hold the pole in your hand to feel the bite. They were hitting that easy. You either needed a powerful trolling motor or a good anchor to do any good. Will go back for two weeks in January, they should be in the 40' water by then.LOL

R&R

Hey, R&R......Glad to hear you're catching some fish on LOP. Been rough here, too. The day when we met Kingfisher on Black Bayou was the last chance we had to fish. Dave and I came out with 10 crappie, 5 of which KF gave to us. It was cold that day, and we started in a dense fog with a light wind, just right for drifting. Caught most of our fish in 17 to 22 ft. of water on a jighead tipped w/a minnow about 3 to 4 ft. off bottom. The Temp at that depth was 50 to 52 degrees. Couldn't find Rosies so we used the reg. minnows.

Sorry to hear your Mom is down, I will keep you all in my prayers. God's blessings to you and family and have a Merry Christmas......