Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Knife Info

Post Thanks / Like

Default Electric Knife Info

Hi All - been reading comments in the past on folks looking for a good knife to use as many have been disappointed on some of the knives that they've been using. Us too but would like to share with you a solution that is working well for us. In the past we were using the old green Mister Twister knife and they were fine except that the gears did not hold up if you used them a lot. We switched to the Piranha Mister Twister knife because of the metal gears and we had good results using the Cuda blades that were sold until Mister Twister removed them from the stores. We tried using the new replacement blades that they brought out but they weren't worth a hoot. Frustrated like everyone else we've been looking for a different knife brand and we bought a couple of the American Angler Pro knives and they work fine, feel a little awkward in your hand and if used for any extensive amount of time can get a little warm to the touch. We do a lot of fishing throughout the winter so a warm knife in your hand is not a bad thing but again they feel a little awkward in the hand. So we tried an experiment and we took an old worn out Cuda blade and cut off the ends that insert in to the knife and clamped them on to the American Angler 8" Shark blade and we put them to a grinder and tailored them to mirror the end of the Cuda blades and they work perfectly in the Piranha knives. The AA 8" Shark Blade is the ticket as it cuts easily and doesn't get hung in the skin, cuts through bone with little effort and doesn't have any issues with scales or flesh getting between the blades screwing up the works. The Piranah knives don't heat up with extended use so we have the best of both worlds -Piranah knives for Spring, Summer & Fall cleaning and the AA Pro for keeping our hands warm in the Winter. Hope this helps some of you and we probably don't say it enough but thanks to everyone out there who shares what makes them successful because you all have certainly made us better at what we love to do. God Bless!
    Likes blueball LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Pics!!!!????

Post Thanks / Like

I have that Mister Twister knife and it is a good one. My blades are about shot and have seen a replacement for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back from the shop after getting 10 of the 8" AA Shark Blades from Grizzly Jig, worked them on the grinder and they all work fine in the blue and white Piranah knives. As I shared before we didn't have much luck using the Mister Twister replacement blades and that is why we were looking for a replacement knife when we came across this option.
    As far as pics we are not up to speed on how hat works. Just take your old MS blade and cut one end off right behind the plastic guard, line up the slot that holds the blade in the knife, clamp I and grid the excess metal off the upper tip and you're done. Takes about 10 seconds and works like a charm.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I used Mr Twister for years and like most others was not satisfied with the quality.....indeed the gears were plastic and did not last long. I tried American Angler and really liked the way this knife would fillet fish.......they do get warm. Couple months ago Academy had them on sale for $9.98 and I stocked up for the future. We do take the little red button off the trigger so the knife will work lots better......we like them.
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Academy had American angler for 10.00$ I must be an idiot because every one kept saying that was the knife to buy and I spent 150.00 on mine and am not all that impressed

Post Thanks / Like

I am so happy I read this thread. I've re-sharpened and touched-up my 8" AA Shark blades until the serrations are barely just nubs now. They would not have made it through another Spring. Have not been able to find the 8" anywhere. Just verified stock from the above link and ordered two. Absolutely no buyer's remorse here. That 8" Shark blade has to be the best crappie fileting blade ever made. Thanks guys! You made my day.

litewirehooker is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I could not believe it when I saw the price.........I ordered 6, Two friends ordered 6 apiece, so now when one tears up......open up a new one. We use 2 when filleting fish, when one gets warm.......we swap. With the Mr. Twister, it was hard to tell if blades were getting dull or gears were wearing out.

Quote Originally Posted by brush pile View Post
    Academy had American angler for 10.00$ I must be an idiot because every one kept saying that was the knife to buy and I spent 150.00 on mine and am not all that impressed
    http://litewirehooks.com/
    [email protected]
    Every day you do not fish will be one day less you have to fish

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Hi All - FYI Grizzly sells the 8" AA Shark blades for $13.95 each
    Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast