PDA

View Full Version : spyderloks

blueball
07-15-2014, 09:55 PM
heres a few pics of the spyderloks i put on my boat,best holders on the market in my opinion.:biggrin

Rees Guide
07-15-2014, 10:00 PM
You gonna love em!!!!!!!! and I agree completely, best I have used.

Gabepeeps
07-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Where'd you get the double seat? Nice!

blueball
07-15-2014, 10:10 PM
i`ve had them for awhile,they must be good luck also cause the first trip out with them i caught a limit(30 keepers):Rofl

blueball
07-15-2014, 10:11 PM
its the add-a-seat,they dont make them anymore,wrote a review on hear 4 or 5 years ago

hunter
07-16-2014, 06:44 AM

I have one that I bought but never used. Now have a larger boat that use a different size seat post. PM if interested, I can't use so going at a deep discount price.

Cane Pole
07-16-2014, 07:56 AM
This rig looks familiar.:highfive

Bluesraider
07-16-2014, 08:36 AM
I have one that I bought but never used. Now have a larger boat that use a different size seat post. PM if interested, I can't use so going at a deep discount price.

Sent PM to ya Hunter

Bluesraider
07-16-2014, 08:41 AM

X2!! Fished them on a friends rig once and messaged Gene the next week! As I have found with everyone else on this site, Gene is a pleasure to deal with and he went above and beyond to help me out. I asked about a mounting plate for a War Eagle t-rail and he got it done and to me before the Spyderlok even got here!!! Works great and I will be ordering another one in the near future.

hunter
07-16-2014, 12:57 PM
Sent PM to ya Hunter

Got it BluesRaider

MO' MONEY
07-16-2014, 02:07 PM
Have mine installed almost same positions as yours, they are sweet... Something about the first trip with em and limits... I think it may be guaranteed to catch a limit? Not sure tho!

Donald@CrappieLogic
07-16-2014, 03:44 PM
Best I have used also and Gene is a fine fella to deal with for sure!!

MO' MONEY
07-16-2014, 04:31 PM
Have mine installed almost same positions as yours, they are sweet... Something about the first trip with em and limits... I think it may be guaranteed to catch a limit? Not sure tho!

Bluesraider
07-31-2014, 09:12 AM
heres a few pics of the spyderloks i put on my boat,best holders on the market in my opinion.:biggrin

Ok, I have a question for any members that might have the Add-a-Seat system as pictured in the original pics above.......any idea how to add an umbrella to that setup? I just received the same setup from another member on here and its going to work out perfect for my boat and keep me from having to drill more holes in the boat (Thanks hunter!!!). I would love to be able to add some type of umbrella but the hole in the center point of the rig doesnt go very deep...maybe 3-4"??? Any suggestions?

bfish
07-31-2014, 09:24 AM
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/attachments/main-crappie-fishing-forum/44739d1281642163-boat-umbrella-boat-umbrellas-002-jpg

Bluesraider
07-31-2014, 09:54 AM
Thanks bfish. PVC...the close cousin of duct tape in the "fix it" world!!! :ThumbsUp Below is a pic of my setup so I am not sure it would work the same??? I am not sure how I would get the "t piece" of PVC to fit somewhere in the middle section? Maybe I am just not seeing it correctly?

Cray
07-31-2014, 02:38 PM
A piece of flat plate about 3 in wide and 6 in long. Drill 3/4 hole so center post pin will go through, place it under center peice and it's locked to floor. Find a peice of tubing/pipe with the right inside diameter for umbrella. Weld that to outer end of plate, then weld a 3 or 4 inch gusset from pipe to plate. Make the pipe about 12 in high.

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
07-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Lookin good Jamey!

Mac Daddy
07-31-2014, 04:04 PM
I don't know what size hole you have in the top of the center pivot and whether there is a way to tap bolt threads into it or not but the top of my pivot pin on my Cumberland adjust-double seat mount is threaded and their umbrella holder screws into it and so far, has worked great for me. If yours could be tapped and even if it was a difference size bolt hole than what Cumberland uses, they maybe able to make you an umbrella holder with the appropriate size threads to screw in to it. If you go to their website Cumberlandcrappie.com the umbrella holder I'm talking about isn't shown and is different than the one they have pictured, you'll have to call them and ask them but they will know what I'm talking about. I hope this makes sense.

Bluesraider
07-31-2014, 04:10 PM
A piece of flat plate about 3 in wide and 6 in long. Drill 3/4 hole so center post pin will go through, place it under center peice and it's locked to floor. Find a peice of tubing/pipe with the right inside diameter for umbrella. Weld that to outer end of plate, then weld a 3 or 4 inch gusset from pipe to plate. Make the pipe about 12 in high.

Thanks cray....I thought about the option of possibly welding something to the post if possible. Just will have to locate someone around here with the knowledge to do it. I don't have a brella picked out yet so that will be the first step!!

Bluesraider
07-31-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't know what size hole you have in the top of the center pivot and whether there is a way to tap bolt threads into it or not but the top of my pivot pin on my Cumberland adjust-double seat mount is threaded and their umbrella holder screws into it and so far, has worked great for me. If yours could be tapped and even if it was a difference size bolt hole than what Cumberland uses, they maybe able to make you an umbrella holder with the appropriate size threads to screw in to it. If you go to their website Cumberlandcrappie.com the umbrella holder I'm talking about isn't shown and is different than the one they have pictured, you'll have to call them and ask them but they will know what I'm talking about. I hope this makes sense.

Bobby its the standard 3/4" hole but it is not threaded. It could possibly be tapped but I am not sure it would have enough depth to keep the pole stable. How far down does your brella pole thread into the base?

Mac Daddy
07-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Not far, only about an inch or so. That's plenty for a steel bolt. Lots of things would break before that bolt would. If interested I'll take a picture of mine and send it to you. You could make one of steel pretty easy. Mine has a steel bolt, but the rest of the pipe is 1 3/4' aluminum and it has a set screw to hold the umbrella in and keep it from spinning around if you get one that tilts. You also need a set screw just to hold in, sometimes the wind can lift it up and out.

Bluesraider
07-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Not far, only about an inch or so. That's plenty for a steel bolt. Lots of things would break before that bolt would. If interested I'll take a picture of mine and send it to you. You could make one of steel pretty easy. Mine has a steel bolt, but the rest of the pipe is 1 3/4' aluminum and it has a set screw to hold the umbrella in and keep it from spinning around if you get one that tilts. You also need a set screw just to hold in, sometimes the wind can lift it up and out.

A pic would be great when you have time. Thanks

blueball
07-31-2014, 09:54 PM
sportbrella umbrella fits in the center hole of the add a seat or it will fit in any 3/4 seat base also

A pic would be great when you have time. Thanks

Bluesraider
07-31-2014, 10:29 PM
sportbrella umbrella fits in the center hole of the add a seat or it will fit in any 3/4 seat base also

Awesome!!! Thanks for the pic. That will work perfectly.

Bluesraider
07-31-2014, 10:47 PM

What is the max wind most of you use a sportbrella in? Reading some reviews online that they are not well made and won't withstand much wind. I know there are always the naysayers out there but before I get one wanted everyones feedback. Also noticed the XL is priced anywhere from $41.99 (Wally World) up to 69.99 at other places. Anyone have any idea if the ones at Walmart are any different? Thanks as always for the help

Saltine
07-31-2014, 11:14 PM

I love mine.
http://i747.photobucket.com/albums/xx119/JeepinJ/CrappieDotCom/2013-11-01_17-13-15_621.jpg

Cray
08-01-2014, 06:31 AM
What is the max wind most of you use a sportbrella in? Reading some reviews online that they are not well made and won't withstand much wind. I know there are always the naysayers out there but before I get one wanted everyones feedback. Also noticed the XL is priced anywhere from $41.99 (Wally World) up to 69.99 at other places. Anyone have any idea if the ones at Walmart are any different? Thanks as always for the help

Same umbrella, several folks I know have them from Walmart. If you have a SAMs close sometimes they have them even cheaper. Paid like 32.00 for mine a couple of years ago. Have never heard anyone on here talk about having trouble with the wind. If you don't find some way to lock it down or tie it down I have seen the wind pick them up out of the holder though.

blueball
08-01-2014, 09:06 AM
No problem with the wind, have run about 10mph to move to another spot close with no problems

Bluesraider
08-01-2014, 09:51 AM
sportbrella umbrella fits in the center hole of the add a seat or it will fit in any 3/4 seat base also One other question blueball.....is the brella in your pic a regular or the XL model?

eagle 1
08-01-2014, 11:57 AM
Said I would buy the first used ones I found . Fished with a guy that had some and ordered mine the next day .If someone makes a better one please show it to me . no wrenches , pliers, wing nuts ! quick to adjust . love them .:HandsClapping

Rees Guide
08-01-2014, 01:29 PM
Said I would buy the first used ones I found . Fished with a guy that had some and ordered mine the next day .If someone makes a better one please show it to me . no wrenches , pliers, wing nuts ! quick to adjust . love them .:HandsClapping

A set of used SpyderLoks is gonna be rare as hens teeth!!!

Mac Daddy
08-01-2014, 05:16 PM
I think a sportbella may be your easiest bet. I use a 9' patio umbrella with an 1 1/2 pole. It will also tilt for when the sun is low in the sky. I found one around the price of a sportbella on Rakuten.com they had them for about $35 the other day but I paid $40+ for mine. Here are some pics of how my holder and how it's made.169861169862169863

Davedirt
08-01-2014, 06:31 PM
Link to syderlok web page please.

Rees Guide
08-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Look in the sponsors classifieds and contact EZ, he will give you a C.C discount

tenncrappie
08-01-2014, 06:47 PM
I bought them this spring and they are second to none. I've owned 2 other brands and will never go back.

saute86
08-04-2014, 10:35 PM
Sam's Club has the sport brella for $36 right now. I had mine on a windy day and no problems. I wouldn't run the boat with it open. Best addition170140170141 I have added to the boat so far.

larryb227
08-05-2014, 01:25 AM
Where is the best place to purchase these rod holders
Thanks

larryb227
08-05-2014, 01:35 AM
Look in the sponsors classifieds and contact EZ, he will give you a C.C discount
Where is the sponsor classified, those at the bottom of each page? Sorry

Saltine
08-05-2014, 01:46 AM

Just pm E-Z Poleholder. He is a real good guy to deal with.

Rees Guide
08-05-2014, 07:14 AM
Here you go, just make a post in the thread or pm him, little inside info, might better pm him.:biggrin
http://www.crappie.com/crappie/-member-sponsor-classified-ads/279320-r100-spyderlok-b100-sw100-seats-tr100-transport-rack/

"G"
08-05-2014, 07:19 AM
Sponsor Classifieds and Classifieds are listed on the index page right before the state boards

Bluesraider
08-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Sam's Club has the sport brella for $36 right now. I had mine on a windy day and no problems. I wouldn't run the boat with it open. Best addition170140170141 I have added to the boat so far.

Yep...got mine ordered from Wally World yesterday. The red ones were $36 (for some reason the other colors are $10+ higher?). Wife asked why I ordered red and I told her we had a camo boat.....camo goes with everything!!!

Boa3
08-05-2014, 12:06 PM
I have a new boat coming and I thought I would follow the hype and get individual holders and get rid of my Spyderloc's. I started a thread and didn't name my current holders only asked about a couple of individual holder brands. Gene saw the post,recognized my name and sent me a PM asking if I was having trouble with my Spyderloc's. I told him I wasn't He wanted to know incase something needed to be tweeked to make them better. I decided right there to stay with Spyderloc. Any company that cares enough to keep up with their costumers and ask if there was a problem even if they didn't complain is a rarity. A company that is always looking to improve the product is also something that I think is rare. I will be staying with Spyderloc and can whole heartedly recomend them to anyone looking for a good product with outstanding costumer service. Bo

Rees Guide
08-05-2014, 01:13 PM
Bo, he text me and ask me about your post as well. He was concerned you were having issues. Quality is great and service second to none.
Had a guy from the board fall out of my boat this spring, it was COLD. He grabbed the SpyderLok and it held, from his chest up stayed dry. It bent the rack where the Tbar connects to the up and down bar, I couldn't believe the hole thing weren't tore all to pieces. Called Gene and 2 days later I had a new post and was good to go.