Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tennessee Spring Camp 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tennessee Spring Camp 2015

Hey everybody! It's been several years since we hosted a TN camp, so Paul and I decided to host another one next spring. It will be May 1 - May 3, 2015 at Reelfoot Lake. It's a really beautiful lake and although the crappie spawn will most likely be over, the bream bite should be really heating up about that time.

If you've never been to Reelfoot, this will be a great opportunity to make your first trip. I've talked to Louie and Wade Mansfield at Grizzly Jig and they've agreed to visit camp on Friday evening for a mini seminar/Q&A and possibly on Saturday, too.

If you're not a camper, there are several resorts/lodges to choose from for lodging and boat rental if you don't want to bring your own rig. Blue Bank Resort is right next to the park within walking distance and Cypress Point is just down the road.
    Here's a link for a full list of places to stay: Lodging | Reelfoot Lake Tourism Council

If you are camping, we'll be at the South state park campground. The campground really books up from March thru May, which is why I'm posting this early.
    Here's the link for reservations: https://tnstateparks.itinio.com/reelfoot-lake
    All the sites at this campground are very level and most of them (maybe all, not completely sure) are paved. There is a fish cleaning station and a small ramp in the campground and there are several ramps within just a few minutes in either direction.

There aren't any cabins in the state park now. They are supposed to be building new ones, but I don't think they've started yet.

If you have any questions, post here or pm me.

Hope to see y'all there!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!
    Likes ShilohRed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, See you there.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me only question is. Never been there with the lund? Is the Deep V boat going to be an issue? Been I'm guessing 7 years without fishing Reelfoot. Will check out a campsite, but thinking I will hit up my buddy that has a cabin just off the lake. If we need it I have one of those big fish cookers like I cooked on back in the spring at Sardis I can bring.
    Looking forward to the Ms fishing camp also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
    Sounds good to me only question is. Never been there with the lund? Is the Deep V boat going to be an issue? Been I'm guessing 7 years without fishing Reelfoot. Will check out a campsite, but thinking I will hit up my buddy that has a cabin just off the lake. If we need it I have one of those big fish cookers like I cooked on back in the spring at Sardis I can bring.
    Looking forward to the Ms fishing camp also.
    Hey Shiloh,
    You shouldn't have a problem fishing out of the Lund. There are several folks that fish out of big Rangers without issue. But with that said, You still need to take your time moving around. The water level seems to be a lot more stable since the spillway repair has been completed. We may take you up on the use of your cooker. That would be great. Look forward to seeing you and your bride there.
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker
    Likes ShilohRed LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crappie Stalker View Post
    Hey Shiloh,
    You shouldn't have a problem fishing out of the Lund. There are several folks that fish out of big Rangers without issue. But with that said, You still need to take your time moving around. The water level seems to be a lot more stable since the spillway repair has been completed. We may take you up on the use of your cooker. That would be great. Look forward to seeing you and your bride there.
    Should have thought if that barge of yours will work there anything will. I have fished it a few times and always did great. But it was winter time and spider rigging. We pulled a lot of fish off the 50 yd line out there.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey y'all, I was close to Reelfoot for work today, so I stopped at the park and took some pics of the campground for those who haven't seen it before.
    I took some pics of Blue Bank so you can see what it looks like also. Spoke with the owner and they're already booking up for May.
    If you're planning on coming to spring camp, prob ought to reserve your campsite or room at one of the lodges early. Cypress Point looks like they're shut down?

Name:  View 5.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  65.0 KBName:  View 6.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  75.0 KB
    Name:  View 2.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  75.1 KBName:  View 4.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  55.5 KB

This is the boat ramp at the campground. There are several more close by
    Name:  Boat ramp in campground.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  78.0 KB

Blue Bank
    Name:  Blue Bank 1.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  86.9 KBName:  Blue Bank 2.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  69.8 KB
    Name:  Blue Bank 3.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  78.4 KB
    Vonna

Post Thanks / Like

That is a nice place to camp, fitting my boat through that hole can be tricky but there's great fishing straight out from that ramp.
    i havnt called for reservations yet, hope they're aren't booked up

"D" is offline Super Moderator and 2023 Crappie.Com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Great pix of the place. Maybe, just maybe. And Louie and Wade were very nice to meet last month. I passed through on the way to Elkhart, In and had to stop.Name:  grizzly4.jpg
Views: 413
Size:  59.7 KB
    Team Overalls Travel Squad

FISH for LIFE

HUMANKIND......be both
    Likes Mrs. Crappie Stalker LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

If you're planning on coming and looking for a room/cabin, Blue Bank is almost completely booked and they have a 3 day minimum during that time in May. Boyette's still has rooms available - 888-465-6523. Don't know about these others, but here are phone numbers: Sportsmans Resort South - 731-253-6581; Cypress Point - 800-394-1886; Eagle Nest (They're in Samburg just down the road) 877-EAGLE 01.
    Vonna

Post Thanks / Like

Will call Joe tomorrow and check on his cabin. As it may not be available then, if not will get a campsite ). That is the State park campground? Or am I lost?
    Looking forward to this one for sure. Have fish cooker will travel.
    Pete
    Last edited by ShilohRed; 10-30-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast