Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grennal catfish/ dog fish comments

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grennal catfish/ dog fish comments

I got a good one for you guy and gals, Has anyone ever been bitten by a fish. ??? This morning I hooked a grennal cat on a crank bait and got him to the boat and zipped him into boat at which time the line broke. I went to pick it up at which time he lounged at my hand and bit my thumb with six teeth marks and did it ever bleed?Needless to say he went to the big pond in the sky. Are these fish toxic when they bite??? Anyone ever have this happen??

Post Thanks / Like

They kinda have teeth like pike and walleye - you might want to check and make sure there's no broken ones in your hand

Post Thanks / Like

Ok what the heck is a grennal catfish? And yes been bit by a many fish. Wanna see some cutters look at snapper and speckled trout.

Post Thanks / Like

That was a good idea, I checked for buried teeth, none... I lost another crankbait to what now appears to be Dog Fish hitting , they are about 2-3 pounds

Post Thanks / Like

Nevermind found em on google. Yep hate them things. Usually open their heads up and feed em to the big lizards round here.

Post Thanks / Like

bowfin are just like bullheads. you stick anything in their mouth and it chumps on it. have lost a few buzzbaits to them critters what a vicious strike!

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

We used to catch a bunch of them in West Point when bass fishing. Having one over 10 pounds come thru a grass bed to bust a spinnerbait will take years off your life. I always kept a pair of channel locks on the casting deck. First to knock the crap out of them then to get the spinnerbait out of that mouth. I've had them almost break my arm when they would twist while getting the hook out of them. Luckily I never got bit.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep....Bowfin.....commonly called grinnel.......very strong jaws and lots of teeth.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Can't stand them Bowfin, I'll cut the line on them before they're in the boat.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Went to a lake years ago when it was turning over in the spring, bowfin were on the surface everywhere. We caught a ton and nearly everyone would throw the hook if you released the tension by the boat. They were fun to catch, but those things feel weird and mushy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast