Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's an Historic Record Today

Post Thanks / Like

Default It's an Historic Record Today

Here is a link to some nice pictures of all the snow around here

http://www.courierpress.com/ecp/loca...420783,00.html

Well today the offical snowfall was recorded at the National Weather Service in Evansville, IN at 19.3" of snowfall in one 24 hour period of time. The breaks the old 1900's record.

Now I hope the sun comes back out and gets all this blasted snow out of my driveway.

I may go out with my next door neighbor this afternoon. We will be driving around in this snow in his big Chevey 4 Wheel Drive Suburban. He works part time for the Sherriffs dept so if anything happens we should have some help on the way.

Last time we have this much snow was back in 1978 when I was still in my late 20's and I got to drive a four wheel drive fire truck rig around the country picking up stranded nurses. LOL What a horrible job that was. JK. Most of the hosiptals were having trouble getting their shift changes performed due to the high snow trapping all their employees at home. Those at the hospital were stranded there for several days. So they put out a call for anyone with 4 wheel drive trucks to help out. Our fire dept answered the call for help and I volunteered to go pick up the cute nurses. LOL
    Last edited by Moose1am; 12-23-2004 at 01:07 PM.
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose....We got 22"

Just west and north of us they got from 22' to 30" of snow. Did you see where French Lick got 30" of snow? I-65 north from Memphis and I-64 west from Corydon to the Ill. state line closed. The lake won't be a winter pool very long when this stuff starts to melt. This year we set a record for extra water. 22' plus according to the weather service out of Louisville. Glad I got plenty of beer and food stocked up. My son is home from the Navy right now and we're still waiting for the plows to come down our street. It's colder that a well diggers asre outside right now. The first thing I done was get the snow and ice off the cover over the boat cover. Then got the rest of the vehichles. Driveway is to damn long for me to shovel. 200' plus.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Moose & Larry

Hey Guys,

I only got 10 inches of snow here in Meade County. Guess the Ohio River kept it over there on you Hoosiers..We were very lucky compared to you all..It will give us a white Christmas though..First one in a long time..Roxie & I want to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas (after you dig out) and a happy New Year..

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just keep it up there please. My boat is ready to go Sunday if its not too windy.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks larryC and Happy Holidays to you and your family too.

It should warm back up by next Tuesday and hopefully melt some of this stuff.

Like Larry-southern in said the IN Governor has declared parts of Southern IN an disaster area or something similar.

The county sherriff here is getting upset because people are not listening to the authorities and not staying off the roads as they have been told. These people try to get out in this deep snow and they not only endanger themselves but they put the Police and Fire dept personal in danger as well. With these low temperatures one can be stuck out in this cold weather for a long time before they can be found.

I just helped a young woman get her car out of the snow. Me and 4 other guys dug her car out of a snow drift and she headed out again. She was going to her parents house which is about 4 miles away. I hope she made it there ok. She is new to the area and just moved in. It was funny as she drove by me and rolled her window down and said "Who need's four wheelers" and then she proceeded to get stuck in the snow at the bottom of the hill and in the entrance to her apartment complex. She walked back up the road to ask me to help get her car out of the snow. She went to HS with my next door neighbor and has a 5 year old child. I suspect that she is not married and or recently divorced. I worked on shoveling the snow away from the wheels of her front wheel drive car but we could not get her out of the snow drift. Now of the roads have been plowed here at all. Some guy with a big four wheel drive truck came along and he and three other guys managed to get her free. I saw her driving up my road (it's slightly uphill ) and she was doing good until she slowed down to wave at me and tried to make the turn onto the main roadway. There she got stuck again. I got the other guys to help me push her out of the other snow drift and back onto the road. By this time the snow plows had come down the main road and she was back on dry pavment and off she went. I hope she makes it home to her parents house but somehow I get the feeling that she will be stuck in about three more spots before she gets there. She has a cell phone so she can call for help but if everyone does what she was doing they may have a lont time waiting for help to arrive. You can only rescue so many young women in one day? LOL Now I have to take my ibuprofen to calm my aching back muscles. I finished shoveling my own driveway and am back inside warming back up.

This will be the first time I have not been home to spend christmas with my parents. Even when I was married we always made it over to both parents houses for christmas. But this year I am stuck here for the duration and cant' get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry C
    Hey Guys,

I only got 10 inches of snow here in Meade County. Guess the Ohio River kept it over there on you Hoosiers..We were very lucky compared to you all..It will give us a white Christmas though..First one in a long time..Roxie & I want to wish you and your families a very Merry Christmas (after you dig out) and a happy New Year..
    Regards,

Moose1am

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a prime opportunity to invite her in for a few Zima's Moose, good lord.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Damsel in distress!!!!!

WATCH OUT MOOSE

Hey, twice stuck tells me something. You cooking here?
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Moose, stick that chest out and go out there and help her. Take a Zima out there and offer her a warm place to stay. Dating 101, geez.

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy
    Hey Moose, stick that chest out and go out there and help her. Take a Zima out there and offer her a warm place to stay. Dating 101, geez.
    didn't you read, he shoveled his drive. that young lady could put his already worked up heart in overdrive. lol

?Moose, were you standing in your drive bellowing your moose mating call?

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

Default But Does She Crappie Fish Moose?

Hey Moose,

If she don't crappie fish, don't waste the Zima's on her..lol..I thought you might have been out on I-64 helping those 300 drivers get out of the snow drifts. It's going to 5-10 below zero here tonight so I'd sure hate to be stuck in a car in snow drifts. That's why we own two 4 wheel drives. Don't need them that often, but when we do, we've got them. A good double shot of Jack Daniels will help your aching back. You take care and stay in touch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast