Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need Advice: Diamond Valley Lake Crappie.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need Advice: Diamond Valley Lake Crappie.

I am heading out to Diamond Valley Lake in Hemet California this coming friday. I am targeting Crappie and Striper though I already know what to do to get the Striper. I need advice on where to look for the Crappie. The lake is 100 - 200 feet in depth, Lake Elevation: 1696.6 Surface Water Temp: 76.7 degrees. The Forecasts show temperatures in the mid 60’s to high 90’s although the fishing will be done at night so the temperature should be in the low to mid 60's. No bridges or docks, some dead plants in the water that ive read that crappie would like to hang around, there is stairwells going into the water from each dam that ive read in other forums that the crappie would also be around. I just recently bought a floating light to attract bait fish that i will be using this friday. Oh there is also restrooms on the lake, literally. Would crappie be under them? Im not too familiar with crappie behavior and I know there is a reason they call it fishing and not catching im just trying to do some research that will give me the best possible chance at catching, technique, jigs, colors and what not if anyone has any advice for me it will be greatly appreciated..

Post Thanks / Like

Can't give you any advice but it sure sounds like a heck of a place to fish.
    FISH ON