Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ready To Buy/Build/source Mini Pontoon

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ready To Buy/Build/source Mini Pontoon

Googling "mini pontoon" or "small pontoon" gives up a gazillion different sources. I'm lost in Googleland.

In my old age, I've got smart & exclusively chase our favorite species with the exception of a cracker or two when available. I've owned pontoons before but never a smaller dedicated crappie rig. Sold my 21' dual console after taking into account the $457.58 cost per pound of old big mouth. That and the crappie have grown up in my fav local lake now. And they taste kinda good too. And it helps that SWMBO has got on board too.

Anything I need to be aware of before commiting to a brand/model/size/options? I'm open to advice and can travel about anywhere east of the big river to pick up. I'm thinking around a 12' x 6' for a little extra room..probably be fishing by my lonesome many times but occasionally will have cohorts. Also...anybody have experience with the German-made Torqeedo electrics? Lotta $$$ but if they are durable and not a lot of troubles, I like the idea. If I don't go that way, I probably want both tiller outboard and trolling motor up front. If correct, many smaller pontoons are showing electric only which is not a total deal killer.

I don't see a specific "BOAT" section other than the small watercraft section. If this needs to be moved, admins have at it.
    Likes hunter LIKED above post

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk to Cane Pole and do a search on "pondtoon".
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Dux. Cane Pole's boat is the reason I decided to go this route. Pondtoon outta give him royalties. Just researching all options to do it right the first time.

Cray is offline Crappie.com 2019 Man of Year, Supermod & Moderator of the Mechanics Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Not a owner or want to own, but I have looked at a couple of different small pontoons at local dealer. Not near as impressive as the pondtoon. I have looked CP's over and really impressed with fit and finsh, lots of quality craftsmanship in it. Appears it would be more stable and not blow around like the ones I looked at with the round pontoons.
    Proud Member of Team Geezer
    Charlie Weaver USN/ENC 1965-1979

Post Thanks / Like

I have a Pondtoon also I got about a month ago and I am very happy with mine. Mine is not nearly rigged out as nice as Tom's but it works for me. Good luck in your search.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is one for sale in my area. Saw it on Craig's list last week. Also saw these on display at the SC Sportsman Classic Outdoor show in March.

2010 Craig-Cat E2 Elite

I do not know the seller or anything about the boat, just thought you would like to see it for comparison.
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

rnvinc is offline Crappie.com 2016 Man of the Year * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cardsfan55 View Post
    I have a Pondtoon also I got about a month ago and I am very happy with mine. Mine is not nearly rigged out as nice as Tom's but it works for me. Good luck in your search.
    Pix pix ...where's the pix...??

Rickie
    www.podunkideas.com <--Click here
    ------------—————
    https://www.crappie-gills-n-more.com/
    https://cornfieldfishinggear.com/

------------------------>> Pro Staff Sonar Advisor

Post Thanks / Like

Check this one out...........+++2013 small pontoon and Bimini+++
    Likes KiK LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

craigs list hernando co. florida