Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Wow, awesome customer service for my gas grill.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wow, awesome customer service for my gas grill.

We had wind gust here in Virginia Beach in the 45-50mph range a week ago, knocked my gas grill (purchased this past summer) right over breaking a knob, knob bezel, and the thermometer. Called today to order the parts expecting to pay for them and was told they would be sent at no charge. :D I even told them that it was the wind that caused the damage and was told no problem, parts will be free. It's really nice to have a good experience like this. The grill is a BBQ Grillware that I bought at Lowe's.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

That's rare!
    Weren't you the person that had a bad experience with Dick's?
    If so, I'm glad you got some good service for a change.
    Currently a non-fishing slacker! (not for too much longer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freeflow_23
    That's rare!
    Weren't you the person that had a bad experience with Dick's?
    Wasn't me. Hardly ever buy anything there.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Dicks sporting goods? I once bought a nice bait caster there that had issues. I took it back and they didn't make that particular model anymore. Dicks upgraded my reel to the newest model. I guess it depends on the individual franchise owners as far a customer service goes. Oh, btw, the reel I had bought was past the warranty period, all I did was explain that I had only had it out twice and had been trolling for walleye using a Hot-N-Tot. The owner told me that the reel should have held up for no more than what I was using it for. Free replacement, top notch store in Wichita!

As far as Lowes goes, I can't stand Jimmy Johnson, but, prefer Lowes 5-1 over Home Depot. Seems that Lowes employs more people that actually know what the heck they are selling, vs Home Depot, where you are lucky enough to even FIND an employee, whether they know anything or not. I deal with woodworking tools constantly, and am just more at ease at Lowes. And for what it is worth, Go Tony Stewart! lol
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry