Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally got some fishing in!

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Finally got some fishing in!

Well June started off great with a trip up north to fish with slabsrus; however, I then got sick two days later and did not feel well enough to get back on the water until last Sunday. I went out for three hours in the morning. The weather was beautiful. Warm and breezy as dawn broke with the forecast calling for tstorms.
    I spent the morning drifting across the mouth of the bay where I launched from. It was about 8 to 10 FOW with the weeds getting thick but still under the surface which meant the fish were there and I did not get hung up too much. There were bait fish hopping across the surface of the water and bass blowing up all around me for the first 90 minutes I would say. The Blue gills were feeding aggressively and I was getting hits of about eveyr other cast. I caught a few gills that were the biggest I had seen to date at my local lake (which is not known for large gills). I caught a few crapping in the mix as well which is a very good sign since last year I did horrible for crappie on this particular lake and caught nothing this spring. The last fish I hooked before I left was a nice size crappie. Unfortunately my knot broke as soon as I got him next to the boat so I don't know for sure how big he was.

A few days later I took my 3 year old out after work for his first fishing trip ever and we got into a mess of gills. Just had to hang a char/white gulp minnow over the side, wait a few seconds for the hit, then lift up the fish. We also got a decent LMB and I was quite impressed that my little guy was able to hold the fish up for the camera and release him as well!
    Sorry, wish I had some pictures, but I don't yet. I took some video of my son's fishing adventure, but I have not edited it yet. Hopefully I will get it posted this week some time.
    "My other car is a plastic canoe"
    Likes bfish LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats. A memory made.
    FISH ON

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like two good trips. I know your son had a great time fishing with you. Congrats and thanks for posting the report.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

Glad someones having fun. Last couple of trips have been a bust. I took my son on the first trip and he got video game depravation and we had to cut the trip short. Grrr. And the second trip we got blown of the lake by a storm.
    Wishing you Blue Skies and Tight Lines