Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winter crappies fishing in KS

Post Thanks / Like

Default Winter crappies fishing in KS

:D Of the lakes I fished last week the crappies are starting to bunch-up.:D :D :D Remember what lake you are on as the creel limiits have been lowered to 20 on Perry, Clinton, Melvern and Hillsdale. They MUST be 10in to keep too. I was VERY glad to see the warden waiting at ramp checking creels. Although the creel limits are posted at the ramps, he told me he was getting autographs from some,,, even from the 'dock-rats'. Good job KWP!! When fishing deeper than 20ft, the crappie air bladders swell up and is difficult for them to return to their depths. I have found that if you close their mouths and drop them head first back into the water, they seem to find their way back down. I just HATE to see crappies floating because some won't do this. Have fun and 'Stay in the boat'. water is cold and you are wearing clothes that could sink you quick!!! WEAR PFD's <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I wish they would bunch up here chatt they have been scattered and stubborn since the weather has turned nice but from the looks of it that is gonna change wed night so i think things will pick up once the weather stabilizes,gotta love that cold water fishin.Do they get good out there in the winter?I saw a show that was done on clinton last year and they was catching some slabs in feb i would like to get in on that,speaking of shows do you have any of the one you taped?i would like to see my ole buddy in action:D
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, I will do another show with Russ Baily next month at Clinton. It will be a show that will include what the graph looks like. Also the type of rigs to fish DEEP water. You'll see what can happen when the winter crappies get so bunched up it looks like brushplies that are moving. VERY cool!!!! I have just 1 CD left of the summer show and I'm keeping it. We'll have to get together over here and show just how EASY it is to fill the live-well in just hours with some SLABS. I have seen them also suspend in MASSIVE schools. Last year I was on Melvern and there must of been an acre of them at 16ft over 40ft of water. They would ONLY hit the jigs that were above them. Once you found the active depth,,,,ONLY ONE pole :D could be used. This season I'm using some of Tom's 'Glow' jig heads. So far I'm sold on them!! Crappie Nibbles a must and a bad scent can ruin your day. Keeping clean VERY important. Maybe if Russ sees this he'll offer CD's to those that can't get the Sportsman Chanel. It would help your confidence level. ORRRRRRR,,,,,,, :D hire me for a outing and listen to me laughing all day!! Ofcourse I owe you a trip <*)}}}><
    You'll see the difference,,,on the end of your line! PROUD MEMBER OF ​TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Let me know when they get bunched up like that and i'll be on my way...after today my confidence is at an all time high we flat out whacked em on loz.

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Bugman, I hate this weather change but,,,,,,I know the crappies WILL bunch-up as the surface temps drop into the 40's. Get out your 'Reel Magic' to coat your line so it won't freeze. A little of petrolem jelly on your rod eyes helps too!! A trick that I use to keep my fingers warm is to put a gas lantern in a 5 gal. bucket. Light it and set it to a low setting. Put the bucket between your legs. Just enough heat to make your hands 'warm & fuzzy' after your have put another slab in the cooler. I don't use my livewells in these temps. My garage is my cleaning station. I also would HIGHLY recommend NOT going out by yourself. Accidently slipping and falling into the water can be deadly. A good buddy can/will save your life even if you have on a PFD. MMMMMMMM!!!! Cold weather crappies!! They can't taste any better!! <*)}}}><

Post Thanks / Like

Alot of good tips there chatt,i will try the one with the petrolem jelly but i wont need to have the warm lantern cause us ole Missouri boys are tough:D

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

dont let chatt fool ya bugman he went out with me last winter and got a little spray on him aint quit whining yet

al
    Fear me all ye that dwell beneath the waves

Post Thanks / Like

Chatt a whiner....surely not say it aint so buddy.come on lets hear it i'm impatiently waiting on a trip to the great state of Kansas...too bad i cant say to see the great Jayhawks:p we all would know that would be a lie:D :D GO MIZZOU!!!

www.simplycrappie.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishing report...take his word for it, he's a reputable fisherman.

http://ksfishing.blogspot.com/2006/1...astern-ks.html

The entries aree for 12/12 and 12/13 at Melvern...
    Last edited by drifter106; 12-13-2006 at 11:27 PM. Reason: operator error
    Sacred Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death. AMEN
    For those who believe, no explanation is necessary....for those who don't, no explanation is possible
    For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and the whole world

Post Thanks / Like

The crappie are biting good, went out saturday and brought home a limit of 50 nice crappie, fished 5 hours sunday and ended up with 43, almost another limit, just a few shy. I probably have caught close to 250 to 300 fish in the two trips, going again tomorrow, hopefully I can find them again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast