Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: LOZ newbie help

Post Thanks / Like

Default LOZ newbie help

So I'm taking the family to Osage beach from Sunday through Saturday. Planning to rent a pontoon while we're there to play on the lake and do some fishing. The original plan was to hire a guide but just found out about some health issues for a family member and couldn't commit to a date. My fallback plan is to catch some gills around docks. Normally I would think to setup over brushpiles with jigs and minnows, but with no fishfinder and maybe even no trolling motor, I'm grasping at straws. Anyone got any advice or ideas for me? Thanks in advance.

Speck is online now MO/MS Moderator and Fishing Legend * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish I could help but I'm not that familiar with LOZ. Hopefully some of the locals will check in and point you in the right direction.

Crazy Angler Pro Staff
    Crappie Logic Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I have not been in awhile but my says very early off of points in about 20ft. of water slow drift minner. Take a sinker and mark line with majic marker every 5 ft. Once boat traffic picks up find some docks in deeper water away from the boat traffic and fish them. Also come evening drop a lite off of a dock if you can and I hear the nite bite has been good.

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't seen a lot of big gills lately. A friend put in at pb2 last week, caught a lot of gills near bank on the insides of points. What I saw, the were kind of small.
    Crappie have been picking up, been catching some off of docks in 18-25 fow, about 8-10' down. Been using jigs, a decent amount of 10" fish and better. Although they are rather skinny right now. Cleaned 4 the other day between 11 and 13" and you could read the paper through the filets.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tips guys. Good ideas all around. Didn't think about taking a light to hang below the dock.

Post Thanks / Like

Look for docks in 20 feet of water that have ropes tied of taught from the bottom of the part of them. Those will be fish attractors or beds. Fish them for about twenty seconds down. reel up slow and stop often.
    New goal 16" crappie by December 30