Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Need to ask a potential stupid question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Need to ask a potential stupid question

Is the Spring Fling based off this site or is it a tournament that just a lot of people from the site attend?
    Please bear with me, if the answer is obvious -I'm new here. :D
    Looking at the calendar, I'm beginning to consider some vacation time to just experience this.

Post Thanks / Like

Good question Zig. I know Don York who owns Eden Marina is a frequent visitor here. At the brawl i was introduced to everyone by their name here. Met Killer, DonG, Blackie, CrappiePappy, Nathan Giles, Crappie Hunter and several other people from here who i can't remember. But, there were also alot of locals and a few pros there also. So, i don't know which came first, the tourney or the web site. Had a blast though. Nice to put faces to names from here.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Zig ....

maybe I can clear this up. The Spring Fling and Fall Brawl Crappie Tournaments are the brainchild of Don York and myself. Eden Marina is the tournament host site, and Crappie.com is one of our oldest Sponsors. Ed has provided us with many hats and shirts, decals and key chain flashlights over the years ... plus this site, which has been instrumental in getting the word out to anglers from outlying states.
    We've had as few as 15 teams, and as many as 35 teams participate. There is no $ entry fee and no $ payback. The "registration fee" is ONLY for those team members who attend the Fish Fry Buffet Social on the day after the tourney (to pay for food, drink and preparation items). The tournament catch is cleaned and cooked for the event.
    Lodging is available all around the lake, as are launch sites. Everyone is on the "Honor System" to launch and fish only on Watts Bar Lake, and at the appropriate time. The weigh-in is at Eden Marina, as is the Fish Fry.
    I am in the process of finalizing the Rules/Regs Entry Form, and will post it here - where it can be copied off and mailed or brought to Eden Marina.
    Any other questions or concerns can be addressed to Don York or myself ... either here or by e-mail. ................cp

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.