Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Tip Savers

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tip Savers

I am contemplating purchasing the Driftmaster Tip Savers for rod transport. (I would like the rod locker but can't shell out that kind of money right now) Just curious if anyone who has them has any problem traveling down the road with the provided elastic band. My biggest fear is losing a 100 dollar rod and reel because the elastic band has slipped off after I've hit a bump. If so is there any way that you've came up with something to fix that? Any input is well appreciated, I'm finally fed up with untangling rod tips!! Thanks

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I bought a pair of HiTek rodholder uprights and bases. I cut them off to the height I wanted then mounted 2 pairs of the Driftmaster Tip Savers onto the uprights for a storage rack for my boat. I use 1/4 inch roll bungee cord loops to tie all of my rods onto the tip savers. Works great and cost me a lot less than the custom rod racks that really didn't fit my needs. I can store up to a dozen rod/reel combos in lengths up to 16 foot. Works great for me.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a dealer for Driftmaster Tip Savers and use them also. I have never heard of anyone losing a rod nor have I lost a rod. I have them on a pontoon that I guide out of and they work great.

Yadkin Guide

Post Thanks / Like

I had them lining each side of my boat for years. I wrapped a bungee cord around them and clipped to the shaft. Never had problem with them at all.

Post Thanks / Like

mrdux you got a pic??

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the replys everyone! Yes mrdux I would like to see a picture to get a better idea.

M R Dux is offline Crappie.com Legend , 2018 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the greatest pic but you can get the idea. I initially set them up where the bottom holders could be repositioned after I tried them out for a while. I am satisfied with the current set-up so I will be attaching the lowers permanently where they are.

BTW, it broke my heart to cut up some of Callshy's wonderful work.
    Last edited by M R Dux; 07-04-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    www.crappie-gills-n-more.com
    Podunk Ideas Pro Staff /test platform
    PICO Lures Field Rep
    Excel Boats Pro Staff

Eagle 1 is offline Crappie.com Legend and Mississippi Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Name:  Video 10 0 00 00-01.jpg
Views: 4624
Size:  45.8 KB been using 4 yrs . Never a problem . They also make one with a lock bar .
    Attached Images Attached Images