Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone used these

Post Thanks / Like

Question anyone used these rod holders

wife wanted to know what I want for x-mas, looking at this rod system, is it any good, I like the features

Name:  rod holder.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  8.5 KB
    Last edited by guest01; 11-26-2006 at 09:46 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This looks like the same ones or very similar to the ones that fishin_magician http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/member.php?u=1085 uses on his boat. Maybe check out the pic and PM him with your questions on them, he is a very helpful guy.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crappieday
    wife wanted to know what I want for x-mas, looking at this rod system, is it any good, I like the features

Name:  rod holder.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  8.5 KB
    I don't have them but, if you never seen them I'll offer this. I looked at them hard At Bass Pro. They are of some sort of plastic and I was considering them until I thought of what the sun or even the cold temps does to that material. I hang up trolling flats and leaning over to untangle I could seen myself bumping it or something. That would make for a bad day breaking off the stand with that many rods in the holder. But materials have come along way. I guess I just prefer metal.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Tite-Lok holders that are aluminum , and I think they are the best out there. The plastic ones from Wally Marshal or tempress are probably good too. Its just that I fish 120-150 days / year and I need proven durability. If you do go with the Tite-Lok be sure to get the model with the correct number of holders for your application. The super black widow can handle five poles and offers the widest spread per side. I use four holders on each stand. And with eight poles out I am trolling close to a 35 foot wide swath.

Post Thanks / Like

I used the Tite-Lok rod holders for years and they are pretty good. But I am now using the DriftMaster rod holders and in my oppinion, they are the best on the market. DriftMaster has new T-Bar system that is better than any system I have seen. This new T-Bar system was designed from the imput of several different crappie anglers. I think they are a lot better than the Tite-Lok and a lot more affordable. Just my 2-cents worth. If any one is interested, I can send them pictures of this new system.
    Have a crappie day!:D [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

There is also a set out by Perroti Bilt , they look to be well made , but I'm not sure on cost.

Post Thanks / Like

I just started using the driftmaster T-bar with 4 holders and I like it I'm also just learning how to troll with the rods on the front the whole set up was about $80 at Bass Pro. I like the way they hold the pole and the plastic coating dosen't let the rod slide around and its easy to get the pole out when you get a bite. I have the Robers plastic rod holders on my boat for 12 years now and im going to change them out for the Driftmasters. Just waiting on Santa to make his delivery ho ho ho

RogerA is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine is manufacturing a new type of rod holder that I have heard works fantastic. I have not personaly tried them. I use the tite-lok system on my boat and really like them. His web sight is www.hitekstuff.com. They are priced pretty reasonable. Please give them a look before you make a purchase.
    Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, and Trust in our Creator who Loves us

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1weezer
    I used the Tite-Lok rod holders for years and they are pretty good. But I am now using the DriftMaster rod holders and in my oppinion, they are the best on the market. DriftMaster has new T-Bar system that is better than any system I have seen. This new T-Bar system was designed from the imput of several different crappie anglers. I think they are a lot better than the Tite-Lok and a lot more affordable. Just my 2-cents worth. If any one is interested, I can send them pictures of this new system.
    Richard why don't you post a picture of the rod holders on your boat?
    Come on you know you won't to show it off.:D
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RogerA
    A friend of mine is manufacturing a new type of rod holder that I have heard works fantastic. I have not personaly tried them. I use the tite-lok system on my boat and really like them. His web sight is www.hitekstuff.com. They are priced pretty reasonable. Please give them a look before you make a purchase.
    Not a bad price but I'm not sure I'd like the slide in then bolt down thing on the t-bar. Looks like it would never come loose on you while trolling so that's a plus. Then again it looks like you could troll for tuna on that thing.:D Not knocking it because I haven't tried it.
    NEED MORE COWBELL!!
    JD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast