Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Local KC Report - Harrisonville Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Local KC Report - Harrisonville Lake

Originally a friend and I were going to head to Tebo, but the radar looked pretty bad at 5am so we called it off. So I came up with another plan...

Well since I live about 15 minutes (Peculiar) from Harrisonville lake, I registered my boat for it today. I had never been to or seen the lake before today, but saw that it was big on the map. I talked my grandfather into coming out with me since he hadn't been in my boat yet. We took off and finally found the road that leads to access the lake. It's a pretty sad excuse of a road for a lake people will be driving to. Get there, the ramp isn't bad, but there is not dock at all. Get the boat off, beach it so my grandfather can get in. Lake is 10 HP or under, so I had to remove my propeller (did this at home a head of time) and use just my trolling motor.

But finally we start fishing and right off the bat, cast retrieve 30 feet from where we put in 9.5-10'' crappie haha. Saw a few chasing shad by my boat. Did some dipping trees, probably caught 15-20 for the day between the 2 of us. A lot of smaller ones. 4 9''+ keepers (no length limit at lake). This is my first year ever dipping and I love it, so much fun. Pattern seemed 15-20 FOW 10' down. My grandfather has Parkinson's and its kind of hard from his to cast but he did really well today, even with not being use to a spinning reel. He didn't do much dipping but caught about 5-6 just pitching and retrieving where I was dipping. It was a great time, can't get my grandpa out too much to fish, golf is his thing anymore haha.

CLIFFS: Great day fishing with my grandfather.
    Likes TnRidge LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

Hats off for taken grandfather fishing You have no idea what it meant to him. HIGH FIVE.