Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: 20 gauge for lefty

Post Thanks / Like

Default 20 gauge for lefty

Does anyone know where I can find a 20 gauge pump shotgun for a left handed shooter?
    Wake up,fish,eat,sleep,repeat

Post Thanks / Like

I am right handed but shoot left handed (left eye dominant) and shot a Remington 1100 for years. Problem with this is the shell ejects out the right side and I would get powder in my eyes. I switched to the BPS (Browning Pump Shotgun) that ejects out the bottom and have not had the problem since. I love this gun. They do make it in a 20 gauge also b/c my buddy bought the 20 gauge model for his son.

It is a little more expensive than a regular pump but IMO it is well worth it. It is after all a Browning.:D
    Dwyane
    The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary!

SMILE- A curve that can set a lot of things straight!

Post Thanks / Like

First of all, did you check to see which eye is his dominant eye? I know several people that are left handed and shoot right handed because their right eye is the dominant one. If the dominant eye has been determined to be his left, then i am assuming you are worried about shell ejection hitting him. (if your not sure how to determine eye dominance, pm me).
    The only one that I know of that makes left handed pump shotguns is Remington, but i think it is only in a 12 gauge. You may want to consider the Browning BPS, it ejects the shell out the bottom.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

I saw a browning bps,but it was to far away from home...do u kno where i can get one around tennessee or any online stores that sell them?

Post Thanks / Like

FC - My boy's first gun was a 20 ga. Ithaca which ejected the shell out of the bottom. He had that gun for 10 years or more and traded it for a Browning 12 ga. pump. He is right handed but shoots left as his left eye is his dominant eye. That was a sweet little gun and I wish I would have kept it. I am sure if they still make it, it would be much cheaper than the Browning. It might be worth checking out.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like

If they have gun shows anywhere in your area, you may want to check them out, if they dont have any, Im sure some of the gun dealers can order one for you. Maybe check this site out, they have some and some may be near you
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/search.cg...s+20&state=All
    You can't fish with a hung line!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm a lefty and use a Browning BPS for rabbit hunting. I love it....plus, having a gun w/ the shells ejecting from the bottom is a good conversation piece. They sell the BPS at Bass Pro Shops.
    Fish on!:D

3 Bald Stooges of Percy Priest Lake - Co Founder

Post Thanks / Like

Do you know where I can find an Ithaca on the internet or around tennessee?

Post Thanks / Like

I have found that a right handed pump gun works very well for left handed shooters. Re-loads are slower for some people depending on which method you use. The only control that is wrong on most pumps is the trigger guard mounted safety button on Remington 870's.

I would buy a 870 Rem in 20 gauge and change the safety button to left handed. The buttons can be hard to find...but I have a few in stock.

Nothing wrong with a Browning either! If there was...I wouldn't be BUCKMARK!