Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: First Day Of Summer Crappie Video

Post Thanks / Like

Default First Day Of Summer Crappie Video

First off, A great big "Howdy" to everyone on Crappie.com from me and my wife down here in Texas. I've frequented this site for some time now but never signed up. I thought it was about time for me to contribute to this site. So here is our latest video (I hope this is allowed on here) of our fishing adventure last weekend.
    The Crappie were a bit tight lipped on that day, but we managed a few. I hope you good folks enjoy the video and be forewarned, I am new to shooting and editing videos, but I am open to and would appreciate any and all input on what would make my videos more enjoyable.

http://youtu.be/3WkFyBK6uEs
    Likes bdunn3 LIKED above post

Luvfatslabs is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice video and Welcome Aboard
    Good luck and good fishing

Redge is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2017 Man Of The Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice job, thanks for posting!!

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great to me...but dang bud get that girl a fishin seat....

NIMROD is offline Crappie.com Legend - Kids Corner Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great video but almost a commercial for tackle.
    Moderator of Beginners n Mentoring forum
    Takeum Jigs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by joekiller View Post
    Looks great to me...but dang bud get that girl a fishin seat....
    Lol....She has one that we could setup right next to my seat but she prefers to sit on the deck and keep her seat in the back of the boat ready for when she wants to sit in the back....She laughed when I read her your reply. Thanks for watching the video
    Last edited by texboxer; 06-29-2014 at 09:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NIMROD View Post
    Looks like a great video but almost a commercial for tackle.
    The reason I put that info up is because after posting my other videos in the past, I got many pm's asking for that info. I don't mind answering any pm, but someone suggested I put that info up for folks, so I did. I am not paid or am on anyone's pro staff, but I do use and like the products mentioned in the video.
    I do thank you for watching and replying.

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You might want to swap your reel handle over to the left side of the reel ... that'll keep you from having to switch hands when reeling in/landing a fish.

Don't know what camera you're using ... but the wide scan angle or panoramic angle (or whatever you call it) gives a bent lens effect that doesn't show size/length or distance in a easily recognizable way. Got to where it kinda gave me a headache or nauseating feeling after watching several minutes of the video.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    You might want to swap your reel handle over to the left side of the reel ... that'll keep you from having to switch hands when reeling in/landing a fish.

Don't know what camera you're using ... but the wide scan angle or panoramic angle (or whatever you call it) gives a bent lens effect that doesn't show size/length or distance in a easily recognizable way. Got to where it kinda gave me a headache or nauseating feeling after watching several minutes of the video.

... cp
    I see what you're saying and understand. i do shoot in wide mode which does bend the picture. Next video I will reset to normal mode and see if that isn't better. I GREATLY appreciate your input. I see it as helping me make a better video. Thank you

Yes the right hand retrieve is a bad habit I've tried to fix and it just ain't happening. It just feels so unnatural to switch the rod to the left hand or reel with my left hand. Believe me, I've tried over the years and always go back to my old ways. Again, thanks for trying to watch. Hopefully my next one won't make ya go cross eyed trying to watch.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrappiePappy View Post
    panoramic angle (or whatever you call it) gives a bent lens effect that doesn't show size/length or distance in a easily recognizable way. Got to where it kinda gave me a headache or nauseating feeling after watching several minutes
    I agree! what's up with the bent lens?

Several on YouTube do the very same thing. Just put a regular video camera in the back of the boat, and junk that head mount thing!

Nice fish, though!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast