Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Recommendations for a QUIET portable minnow bubbler?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Recommendations for a QUIET portable minnow bubbler?

I have this Marine Metal brand minnow bubbler but would like to find a different product as this one is just too loud. It does the job, and portability is nice since I have to transport minnows from the bait shop to home and such. But the noise is annoying.

I'd prefer to find something that can also run off rechargeable AA batteries since I always have a bunch of them and rarely have a backup set of the D-cells it uses. I switched it over to use AA's using a 4-cell AA holder but rechargeable AA's run at 1.2v and the little motor really wants the 1.5v the D-cells put out.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw one of these on a post here and I ordered one. It is so quite a couple of times I had to put my hand in to see if it was running. It sprays out a mist which cools as well as aerates the water. It runs off a 6 volt lantern battery or you can get a 12 volt converter which plugs into your boat(which is what I did) It draws very little current. If I was going to use the 6 volt applcation I think I would get a rechargeable small one, even though it will run a long time on the dry cell.

http://hypark-specialty.myshopify.co...cts/mino-mizer

I have a cigarette lighter plug on mine for the boat, so if I am carrying them in the car, I just plug it into the lighter plug in the car. My car has an outlet in the cargo area which is handy,
    Mark 1:17 ...I will make you fishers of men

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a flashback! I had one of those 30+ years ago.

Still hoping to find one I can run on rechargeable AA's as I need the portability.

Post Thanks / Like

Marin Metal makes several....most aren't very quiet. The ones that are branded "Hush Bubbles" is very quiet and all I use. They last pretty well on D cells.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536
    Likes Billbob LIKED above post