PDA

View Full Version : So how many peeps actually use line counter

BAMA S
06-26-2014, 07:23 PM
Reels? Starting to replenish my gear and trying to decide ifn I need line counters . I can see the benefits of using them, especially with a good fish finder.

Tracker123
06-26-2014, 07:31 PM
I gotta tell you something BamaS, you're one bored dude when it's not college football season :).

Redge
06-26-2014, 07:32 PM
Yes on line counter reels! Okuma

Rees Guide
06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Sold mine and wanting some of the digital Daiwas but aint got off my wallet yet, not sure I will. Got some depth hunter power pro braid and some spinning reels and really like it, time will tell.

BAMA S
06-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Bawhahaha..... We been working 6 days 12 hrs for two weeks. Got off early today so I've been thinking too much. This cranking has me curious . Plus I usually spider rig in 20-25 ft of water, knowing your depth is a must.

BAMA S
06-26-2014, 07:37 PM
Sold mine and wanting some of the digital Daiwas but aint got off my wallet yet, not sure I will. Got some depth hunter power pro braid and some spinning reels and really like it, time will tell.
Em digi s are strong, but I read some good reviews on durability.

BAMA S
06-26-2014, 07:38 PM
I gotta tell you something BamaS, you're one bored dude when it's not college football season :).
Randy, what y'all looking like with Johhny gone? We got to settle on a QB ourselves.

Tracker123
06-26-2014, 07:47 PM
Randy, what y'all looking like with Johhny gone? We got to settle on a QB ourselves.

I'm still evaluating the situation. On another note, the day you posted the thread on the trip to your place, you sent me a pm to enter. Look what that got me all said and done. You were teasing me big time. Oh well it figures :), you're a good guy.

"G"
06-26-2014, 07:52 PM
Been using line counter reels to pull crankbaits for over 6 years now.....Takes a lot of guess work out of figuring depth using them along with the trolling charts.

Rees Guide
06-26-2014, 07:56 PM
I'm still evaluating the situation. On another note, the day you posted the thread on the trip to your place, you sent me a pm to enter. Look what that got me all said and done. You were teasing me big time. Oh well it figures :), you're a good guy.
I sure hate it too Randy!!!!!!!!!:biggrin I'll send ya pics!!!!!!!!!:Rofl

brush pile
06-26-2014, 08:09 PM
Great reel for pulling cranks but when tightlining I just count my line off by hand

Shine Runner
06-26-2014, 11:30 PM
Pulling cranks they are priceless. Pushing you can measure off rod length and pulling line off. Also pushing you can sometimes see the baits on your electronics.

BoarBuster
06-27-2014, 12:16 AM
Can anyone recommend a good reel with line counter. Am i correct in remembering seeing a line counter as a add on.

CrappiePappy
06-27-2014, 02:52 PM
Can anyone recommend a good reel with line counter. Am i correct in remembering seeing a line counter as a add on.

Here's what I'm familiar with, as far as a good, inexpensive "line counter reel" : http://northwoodsoutlet.net/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=1920

And, yes ... line counter's are available as add-ons, but accuracy & quality are an issue (from what I've read on the discussions about them).

... cp :kewl

wilbur
06-27-2014, 05:11 PM
Yes Okumas. not much more than a spinning reel.

moswampy
06-28-2014, 09:16 AM
Spent five days pulling with two Okuma reels side by side with guess or counted spinning reels. The okuma line counter reels flat whipped the measured out reels 2:1 at least. Came home and ordered two more, no more guess work for me