Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fish finders

hogman Guest

Default fish finders

anyone using fis finders? if so, how much do they help?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fishfinder

Wouldn't go without one. Go to search at the top of the page. Left click on it and type fishfinder in the box. Click on Go. This will give you all you need to know on how they work,different models & what our members use.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You almost have to have one for crappie. They like brush and such under the water most of the year and they are the best way to find them.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I use mine on every fishing trip. Until last winter I've never owned one3 and never thought I was missing one either. I crappie fish at night. I user mine for not only spotting fish when I can find 'em, but for looking for bait fish as well as looking for drops such as channels or ledges to set up on. Besides, it's like having another toy to play with!:D
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

As soon as my motor fires up, the graph comes on and stays on unless i'm in really shallow water. If fishing is slow, then I'll look for new spots. Check out areas I have never had the chance to explore. Always turn every trip into a learning expierience. The graph makes this easy to do. CF
    The Original Woodsgoat Hater
    2011 NWR Bash Yellow Perch Champion

Post Thanks / Like

Default I need two

I have seen the benifit of having two. One with the transducer on the front and the other on the rear. I have had brush piles suprise me when scouting new waters. If I had one on the front, I could react with my markers in a better fashion. I think it would benefit when trying to keep the boat directly over a submurged brush pile.
    DP
    I am a heterosexual male. 2 Chronicles 7:14
    "If my people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

Post Thanks / Like

Went to a fairly new lake last summer and forgot the fishfinder. We were lost and didn't catch a dang thing. It's like crappie nibbles, we never leave home without it.
    I have a jig with a face like this!:eek:

Post Thanks / Like

I't is a tool a fisherman cant live with out if you want to be successful and catch fish from a boat in open water.